Republican Spain (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Omegaunit -> Republican Spain (1/17/2002 11:50:00 PM)

Ok historically, did anyone loan the Poum and CNT heavy tanks? Did anyone loan them anything? Does anyone have an idea of what a republican spainard combat group would look like?

Redleg -> (1/18/2002 4:15:00 AM)

I have never seen a reference to heavy tanks for either side. Republican Spain. Infantry-heavy. Lots of Soviet weaponry but also Brit, Czech, and whatever they could get. Some of my reading leads me to think that there were far more Czech weapons used than are shown in the OOB.... mainly rifles and LMG. International Brigades. Brit, Canada, German, Baltic, U.S., and French Semi-elite used as shock troops and cadre a lot. Often experience shortages in transport and artillery and artillery ammo. War on a shoestring. Soviet tanks for Republic. Mainly T26 and BTs, IIRC.

Redleg -> (1/18/2002 4:17:00 AM)

Forgot - hand-grenades were very popular in SCW.
Molotovs were invented in Spain - imporoved upon and given their name in Finland a couple of years later.

troopie -> (1/18/2002 6:47:00 AM)

Republican troops, on the average, will be less well trained and experienced, and more highly motivated than the average Nationalist. troopie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI