Numbers for arty availability (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Dean Robb -> Numbers for arty availability (6/6/2000 11:05:00 AM)

Since it's been a discussion point, I thought I'd collect some hard numbers (if you can't prove it, it's only a guess!). Scenario is Kanev Bridgehead; player is German. Artillery: 3 50mm mortars on board, 8 Nebelwerfers and 1 75mm BAT off board. Mortars disregarded for data collection. Results: 5 of the 8 Nebelwerfers shot off all their ammo on the first round (designed fires, out of player control), meaning that 55% of the artillery listed on my bombardment page was never available to me. This left 3 for the rest of the 30 turn scenario. Game was won at 20 turns. Nebelwefers were all used up at turn 12; 75mm was used until turn 20. In the 12 turns the Nebelwerfers could be used: all 3 were available on 3 turns; 2 on 3 turns; 1 on 4 turns and 0 on 2 turns. So 1/4 of the time all my Nbw were available; 1/4 of the time 2/3 of them were; 1/3 of the time 1/3 were and 1/6 of the time none were. This correlates to 19 of 36 possible fire missions; or, only 53% of the possible missions could have been fired because of unavailable batteries. The 75mm was available 9 turns in 20 or only 45% of the time. I say that if we're gonna have them listed, we oughta be able to use them or at least use them a lot more than we currently can. Nudge this one more towards playability than reality [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Paul Vebber -> (6/6/2000 12:23:00 PM)

The patch will include artillery that is somewhat more avaialble (OK, fun can be more important than realism :-)

Recon_slith -> (6/6/2000 4:07:00 PM)

Be carefull what you ask for, for you may receive it. The AI will also get greater access. Swings and roundabouts one supposes. ------------------ Wait for Death. There's a choice? Recon

Dean Robb -> (6/7/2000 8:33:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The patch will include artillery that is somewhat more avaialble (OK, fun can be more important than realism :-)
You da man, Paul! Hell, for realism there's always TacOps or BCT.... [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI