Understanding Retreats (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Primal Fury -> Understanding Retreats (7/24/2004 6:30:45 PM)

I just had a situation where I won the ground combat and the defender retreated. But he retreated "though" my unit and captured my base behind my lines, apparently destroying the aircraft there. Do I really need to keep a double thick line of advance to maintain a front line?? This just seems wrong, base or not.

siRkid -> RE: Understanding Retreats (7/24/2004 7:35:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Primal Fury

I just had a situation where I won the ground combat and the defender retreated. But he retreated "though" my unit and captured my base behind my lines, apparently destroying the aircraft there. Do I really need to keep a double thick line of advance to maintain a front line?? This just seems wrong, base or not.

This is a bug and IF you have the save that causes the retreat, send it to me along with step-by-step instruction on how to repeat/see the problem. If all you have is a save after the fact, don't bother it will not help.

sirkid@cfl.rr.com

2Stepper -> RE: Understanding Retreats (7/24/2004 10:50:50 PM)

Reference this convo Kid, I've seen most retreats work pretty well. I've been watching the rather "crowded" battle lines on LUZON in Jan 42 to see if anything like this occurs, but so far nothing yet. Might be one of those that's tough to catch...

Captain Ed -> RE: Understanding Retreats (7/24/2004 11:44:34 PM)

I have a situation in a pbem game I as the Japanese have captured I believe victoria point the base force there retreated and I am now chasing the unit back through my own lines the game is a two day a turn I have the files if you want Kid

Mr.Frag -> RE: Understanding Retreats (7/25/2004 1:04:56 AM)

Don't worry about that silly base unit, you'll never kill it. Based on the large number of road in all directions there, there is pretty much always somewhere for it to run to. We tried to get that guy to die so many different times it is not even funny. This next patch may help, but don't count it out until you see it die [:D]

siRkid -> RE: Understanding Retreats (7/25/2004 6:55:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Ed

I have a situation in a pbem game I as the Japanese have captured I believe victoria point the base force there retreated and I am now chasing the unit back through my own lines the game is a two day a turn I have the files if you want Kid

Only if you have a save that shows the retreating unit entering an enemy occupied hex.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI