Please Refresh My Memory (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Panzer Capta -> Please Refresh My Memory (7/24/2004 10:32:42 PM)

Just installed version 8.2 after having previous versions for a number of years. It is been so long since i installed a new version of SPWAW i forgot what causes the black screen (i.e., no visible map) when trying to generate random battles. I remember having this problem a number of years ago, someone in the forum told me how to prevent it, but i cant remember the solution....must be getting old. Anyway, i would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

chief -> RE: Please Refresh My Memory (7/25/2004 2:24:35 AM)

Two wild a@@ guesses.....clear steel.prf file, start from Mech.exe file in main folder.

my 2 pesos

Warrior2 -> RE: Please Refresh My Memory (7/25/2004 2:08:46 PM)

Run your cursor around a bit, sometimes it just takes a while to generate.

bchapman -> RE: Please Refresh My Memory (7/25/2004 3:26:01 PM)

This usually happens to me after I've loaded several maps. Seems to hog the memory, and have to do a reboot. [:D]

Panzer Capta -> RE: Please Refresh My Memory (7/25/2004 4:57:49 PM)

Thanks for the advice, i do remember deleting the steel.prf file in the past, and that does work. The problem is, and i suppose there is no way around it, one often needs to delete this file, and everytime you do, all the "preference" settings need to be reset. I suppose it is better than not working at all. Anyway, thanks again for your advice. I will also try the moving the mouse around as another member suggested.

Dave

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI