No A0 unit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Major Destruction -> No A0 unit? (1/19/2002 12:06:00 PM)

During my tests of the paratrooper question, I purchased for several battles against the computer opponent. All battles were version 7.0 Assault UK v USSR in June 1944. In all battles the first formations purchased were the dakota troop planes. In one of these battles my first formation was
A0 Dakota
A1 Dakota
A2 Dakota
A3 Dakota
I had no A0 HQ unit I have seen this happen only once before but have not been able to reproduce it. Has anyone else seen this?

RichardTheFirst -> (1/19/2002 12:31:00 PM)

I've seen it both at v6.1 and v7.0. Don't know why that happens, and you cannot buy an HQ except a command tent. I always press the Esc key and start over.

Redleg -> (1/19/2002 12:44:00 PM)

I have seen it - 2 or 3 times. I think it occurs sometimes if there are not enough points being offered to pay for the AO unit. But I am sure there could be other causes as well. The last time I saw it, I just started over since I was building a scenario. This was the only time I saw it in V7.

Warrior -> (1/19/2002 9:41:00 PM)

Buy the command tent and then replace it with an HQ.

RichardTheFirst -> (1/19/2002 10:04:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
Buy the command tent and then replace it with an HQ.
Steve, that one puzzled me. How do you do that?

Warrior -> (1/19/2002 11:03:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by RichardTheFirst:
Steve, that one puzzled me. How do you do that?
When you're in the deploy screen, click the unit you want to replace, then hit the "R" button on the right. This will then give you a list of all units available for the country at that particular timeframe. Find and pick the HQ and then exit. Back at the deploy screen the original unit has now vanished. Click the hex where it had been to bring the replacement HQ unit onto the map. In the example given, this would replace the command tent with the HQ. Of course, the Dakota's would have to repurchased (they should have been deleted when the command tent was purchased). If there is an HQ available in the purchase listings, then obviously get it instead of the command tent. (I just had this whole thing happen in a new scenario. I had a batch of extra units that I had attached to my HQ, and decided I didn't want them. So I deleted the entire A0 formation, but when I went to repurchase just the HQ, there wasn't one on the German buy listings. So, I got the command tent, confirmed it had become the A0 unit, and then replaced it with a regular HQ.)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI