Intel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

jimkehn -> Intel (7/25/2004 3:02:40 PM)

I am playing the Coral Sea scenario as Japanese with FOW on. I keep getting intel messages that B-25c has spotted 4 Japanese ships moving SE and so forth, during combat resolution phase. Seems to me this should be the Allied player's alert message. OTOH, I never get messages that my Emilys are spotting anything on their naval search messages. This happening to anyone else?? I should have the latest version? I just d/l it on Monday this week.

2Stepper -> RE: Intel (7/25/2004 3:09:37 PM)

Greetings fellow Nebraskan!

As to your questions, I've not yet made the effort of playing the Japs yet. I'm just going through my learning curve with the allies. Have there been any ship movement reports given by other aircraft? Babs for example? Double check some of your Emily units to ensure they're on Naval search and not ASW only.

That does seem odd that you aren't getting that info like you would with the allies.

As for SEEING the allied messages as the Japs, perhaps on the one hand the game is saying you've been spotted by allied planes... OR, thats a bug and you should be seeing Emilys not B25's in the example you gave. Anyone else have a thought?!

dtravel -> RE: Intel (7/25/2004 8:47:57 PM)

Been discussed before. I believe that the consensus after input by the developers was that those "enemy aircraft spots..." messages indicate that your ships saw the spotting aircraft or intercepted its radio messages, so they know they were seen.

MadDawg -> RE: Intel (7/26/2004 12:04:24 AM)

Unfortuantely both sides see the same turn playback as each other, so this information has to be given so that the other player knows he spotted the particular task force.

Personally Id rather there be a chance that a spotted task force not involved in combat not show up until the orders phase as currently it warns the player he has been spotted, thus allowing him to change his plans accordingly. Again, this wasnt such a problem in UV but it does come into play more often in WITP.

Dawg

2Stepper -> RE: Intel (7/26/2004 12:09:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Been discussed before. I believe that the consensus after input by the developers was that those "enemy aircraft spots..." messages indicate that your ships saw the spotting aircraft or intercepted its radio messages, so they know they were seen.

Must have been earlier in the development prior to release. LOL! That or WAY deep in the forum pile by now...

Hate missing meetings. LOL!!!! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI