Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

patochon -> Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (7/27/2004 9:17:53 PM)

Hi at all,

i have a problem when i will lauch the game War in the pacific if i use the shorcut War in the pacific game menu, The following message "General extraction error Location IMP1"
come,

Any idea ? thanks

Best Regards

bluesteel -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (11/23/2004 2:29:33 PM)

Howdy;
I have the same problem and to date have not received any reply. If you get an answer let me know. Can you open the game from the folder? I trued to re-install and did it but received an error that some line was missing. Same problem in trying to open the game

dereck -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (11/23/2004 5:05:38 PM)

What version of the game do you have? 1.00, 1.21 or 1.3?

bluesteel -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (11/23/2004 9:16:15 PM)

SUCCESS! Went into Matrix game folder and created a 2nd shortcut.
Deleted original shortcut and everything is working fine.[:)]

liljim -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (11/29/2004 8:55:45 PM)

I hate to rain on your parade, but I doubt you solved the problem. I suspect your new shortcut is to the program "War in the Pacific.exe". The shortcut that gives the error is to the program "autorun.exe". Autorun will bring up the menu that allows easy access to the manuals. Your solution is only a partial solution that will allow you to run the game, but makes access to some featues of the menu difficult at best.
The menu that should open is "gamemenu.bmp" which is located in the WITP directory under "autoplay/images/".

A hint for the support person, I did not install to the default directory. Could the reference to the compressed file which is causing the error include more than just ../autoplay/images/gamemenu.bmp"?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (11/30/2004 12:12:27 AM)

We'll investigate this and see what the problem could be. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please note that you can also use the provided War in the Pacific Quick Start link to bypass the game menu if it's causing problems on your system.

Regards,

- Erik

liljim -> RE: Problem War in the Pacific (General extraction error Location IMP1) (12/18/2004 5:29:56 AM)

[:D]Good news all sufferers. I just installed the version 1.4 patch. The "General extraction error Location IMP1" is fixed now.
We give Matrix he11 when they miss one. Let's give them an attaboy for fixing this one!!

Hip-hip-hooray!!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI