Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

AmiralLaurent -> Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 7:39:59 PM)

Just wondering how much time I will have to wait. I downloaded the game two weeks ago.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 7:44:33 PM)

I never got mine(USA), ordered the 2nd of July, so i would e-mail support@matrixgames.com with your order # just in case. Digital River sucks...big time![:@]

Genisis -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 7:46:19 PM)

Yep Got Mine[:)]

Posted From France

andytimtim -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 7:47:37 PM)

still to get mine![:(]

also waiting on UV arriving!![:D]

me109k -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 7:59:44 PM)

i waiting too

i hope this game is worth all this

witpwife -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:00:34 PM)

Based upon previous threads, it has been taking anywhere from 1 week to 3+ weeks to arrive in the U.S., a minimum of 2 weeks in Europe, and longer elsewhere in the world, as no one outside of these 2 continents has posted that that have received the CD yet.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:05:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: me109k

i waiting too

i hope this game is worth all this
Look at the bright side...by the time you get it the patch should be out. I DD'd mine on day one but have the sound/ctd issue so i haven't been playing. Not getting my CD just adds to the excitement[8|]. It "will" be worth it....soon[&o].

DrewBlack -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:08:42 PM)

yER GOT MINE HERE IN THE UK, POSTED FROM FRANCE

TOOK 3 1/2 WEEKS

DREW

rogueusmc -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:11:36 PM)

witpwife, are you still monitoring these forums?...don't tell me you are into the game too.[:)]

By the way, I got mine about 14 business days after I ordered.

me109k -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:12:21 PM)

i got a patch 110c

hope the game is more fun

any ideas on what i should do when my 30day time thing runs out

rogueusmc -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:16:28 PM)

Not playing at all just because you don't get the sound?!?!...whatever floats your boat.

I play without saound by choice alot of times because I have other things going on while I am playing.

TheHellPatrol -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:20:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: me109k

i got a patch 110c

hope the game is more fun

any ideas on what i should do when my 30day time thing runs out
Actually there is a patch 110d now, it has all the temporary fixes. The "patch" i'm referring to is the "real" patch to fix numerous bugs such as the sound/ctd problem and OOB enhancements. The game is SO big it will be constantly improving as they fine tune everything. Right now, for "some" of us, it is barely playable(with sound[:-]) and with the impending OOB changes and PBEM flaws those that can play will have to start over to benefit from the changes. "30day time thing"? don't know whay you mean but if you've contacted Matrix support which i think you have you should be okay.

witpwife -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 8:50:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

witpwife, are you still monitoring these forums?...don't tell me you are into the game too.[:)]

By the way, I got mine about 14 business days after I ordered.

I still monitor the forums occasionally, to report interesting items to my husband (I tend to read different topics), and because many of the threads are informative/entertaining. As for playing, even if I wanted to, I would never get enough time on the computer to make it worthwhile as long as my husband is playing, which it appears will be the case for many moons. (I can read the forum from work, but they would not be pleased at my playing the game.)

In the past I did attempt a few board games (Squad Leader, Flattop and a few others) but I was never very good at keeping track of the detail (especially supplies) and remembering the complex rules. However, I did tend to use unusual strategy (i.e. I didn't really know what I was doing) that would give me an advantage (truly the fog of war).

And yes, I agree with some previous postings stating that some wives or significant others encourage their husbands to spend their time playing WiTP, as there are far worse vices![;)]

spalmer -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 9:07:33 PM)

I'm still waiting - ordered game 3 July....

guke -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 9:36:38 PM)

I'm located in Germany and got my CD yesterday after about 3 weeks [:)].

All in all I have to say I'm quite satisfied with the order process. The digital download enabled me
to start playing the game a day after I discovered on the web site that the game was finally available.
Even the price is OK with me since it is difficult to buy grognard strategy games in Germany because
the stores usually ony carry gazillions of boring RTS games. So I often order games via internet from
US stores and most of these charge horribly for overseas priority mail and having the order shipped
via surface mail usually takes weeks.

So from my point of view I can't agree with all the Digital River bashing.

olivier_slith -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 10:40:45 PM)

I did not order a CD, just burned it. Is it really worth another $10? I would have spend that much more for a manual, but not a CD that I can burn for $0.10!

andytimtim -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/28/2004 11:00:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhennin

I did not order a CD, just burned it. Is it really worth another $10? I would have spend that much more for a manual, but not a CD that I can burn for $0.10!

some people (like me [;)]) only have dial up...in my area i cant get broadband!![:(]

so i have to order a CD! cant download [:(]

52nd Lowland -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 12:17:05 AM)

If you already have the serial number i suppose i could burn a copy for you and sent it.For a small fee of course [:D]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 12:45:36 AM)

Unless you are actually paying for your connect time, you can let it download while you sleep. Not like you need your phone when sleeping. It will take multiple days, but who cares, you're sleeping remember?

Now, if you have to pay for connect time, I can understand completely the need to wait.

GrahamFife -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 1:01:05 AM)

Ordered 2 July.

Chased up by Matrix Support (to whom many, many thanks [&o]) 25 July.

Received here in the UK 28 July.

Packet appeared to have been posted in France.

Moquia -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 1:01:41 AM)

Hey Mr. Frag, throw us a bone if you can. Hours, days, weeks?

andytimtim -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 1:56:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 52nd Lowland

If you already have the serial number i suppose i could burn a copy for you and sent it.For a small fee of course [:D]

52nd do you accept monopoly money?....im kinda of broke just now!![:D]

52nd Lowland -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/29/2004 7:42:34 AM)

Coming from Cumbernauld monopoly money could come in handy.....if u want me to burn you a copy give me a PM [:D]

rogueusmc -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (7/30/2004 3:39:57 AM)

I mailed a copy to a PBEM partner in New Zealand for about $2. He's been a good gaming partner and $2 might buy me 4 cokes...[:D]

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (8/2/2004 3:14:11 PM)

Yes, got it three weeks after the DL.

walshe1 -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (8/2/2004 3:37:50 PM)

Got it after 3 weeks. posted from france, arrived in Dublin in 1 week and it took 2weeks for it to come to waterford (153 Km) form Dublin,

Great Postal service in ireland

andytimtim -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (8/2/2004 6:10:27 PM)

Great Postal service in ireland

they must've been drunk![:D]

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Has anybody received his CD in Europe ? (8/2/2004 6:43:17 PM)

ordered on the first day when the game was aviable ( 2nd July ? 1st ? - cant remeber )
CD arrived 15th July here in hamburg/germany

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI