no sound after installation help please (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

mzukky -> no sound after installation help please (7/30/2004 4:00:07 PM)

I have recently installed the new version 8.2 and upon playing the game I have no sound. Should I uninstall and reinstall? I have a creative labs audigy 2 sound card xp pro and 2 gigs of ram.

I would love to get teh sound going. Steel panthers was one of my favorite games when it first came out years ago. I llok forward to playing for years to come. Someone please help..

dalbrech -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 7:19:59 AM)

Same thing here with a Soundblaster live card.,and a gig of memory.
The music plays fine during the opening credits, but then the game goes silent once you hit the main game screen.

Huffy -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 7:43:42 AM)

Hmmm....must be something in the settings...I also am running XP pro...Audigy2...and 512 ram...no problems at all...sorry,..not much help...maybe one of the guru's here might be more help....good luck...
Take care,
Huffy

chief -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 8:35:31 AM)

The first thing Id try is : Start the game from the Mech.exe file in the main folder. You won't get the intro but the game sound will probably work.

Second thing: Clear the steel.prf file also before you restart, it's in the 'Save' folder.

Third thing: If the above don't work, hope that a GURU does come by,[&o]

Good luck guys

dalbrech -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 9:25:39 AM)

I better pray for a guru......I tried both of Huffy's sugesstions and no luck[:@][:@][:@]

chief -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 8:08:02 PM)

dalbrech: in preference screen have you got sound track etc. ON ?

Major Destruction -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/7/2004 8:11:45 PM)

Check your SND directory. The sounds may be enclosed in a zip archive that was not extracted during the install process.

Juergen -> RE: no sound after installation help please (8/12/2004 6:37:10 AM)

You know I have the same problem [&:] I have a new computer and it still does not work. I get all the sounds except for the breifings at the beginning of the mega campaigns.. I even had some techs. look into it and they cant figure it out[:@] I see the snd folder in each campaign and when I click on one of the sounds I hear the breifing but it wont work in the game[:@]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI