War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Marc von Martial -> War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/30/2004 9:00:40 PM)

War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 Patch Released
New Update v1.20 Now Available!

Staten Island, NY, July 30th, 2004 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and 2 by 3 games (www.2by3games.com) are proud to announce version 1.20 of War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 (www.warinthepacific.net).

The scale of War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 is 60 miles per hex and losses are individual vehicles, aircraft, guns and squads. Since half the planet Earth is covered by the titanic Pacific struggle, the game is massive in scope, covering thousands of ships tens of thousands of aircraft. Virtually every ship, air group and battalion sized or larger troop formation is covered in exacting detail.

While massive, it is designed to be simple to play, as the computer tracks all the factors and the interface allows the player to concern himself with only the degree of detail he prefers. A total of fifteen campaigns are included, ranging from a tutorial scenario and smaller campaign to the largest full campaign. The computer can play against you, or you can play against another human, by e-mail or hotseat. The computer can also be assigned to command some of your forces or to run all of your logistics, freeing you up to focus on the most important strategic choices.

The new update, version 1.20, includes many fixes and enhancements. Most important of the fixes are a resolution of a CD-key issue on some machines in the initial release. We recommend that all War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 players update to this release, either by downloading the patch or re-downloading the new updated master file.

Game Fixes and Enchancements

1) A new scenario is included in the patch. Scenario #16 covers the entire war and begins on December 8th, 1941, the day after the Pearl Harbor attack. It was authored by Paul R Yarnall.

Bugs Fixed:

1) Soviet activation due to date sometimes required a game restart to occur. Fixed.
2) When changing night fighters from night to day operations, no default mission was being assigned. Fixed.
3) Changed replacement and upgrade mouse help hints, so as to be less confusing. Fixed.
4) Under some circumstances, an air group transfer could corrupt the current air group, current land based unit, current base or current player. Fixed.
5) Under some circumstances, the show all land based units at this base to show no units, until the base icon was clicked again. Fixed.
6) The repair option “Yes” or “No” on the Allied industry screen following the selected aircraft type was colored green, instead of yellow. Fixed.
7) When a CS type ship was carrying aircraft and cargo, the line showing number or sorties was being written over the cargo. Fixed.
8) Under certain circumstances, the player was being allowed to give movement orders to a unit in the hex with an enemy unit, into an adjacent hex with an enemy unit unit. If the unit is in a hex with an enemy unit, that unit can only plot to move to a friendly base. Note that the movement may not be executed, if an enemy unit is adjacent, blocking or later blocks the path. Fixed.
9) A unit was allowed to march through multiple enemy units, as long as the destination towards which it was headed was a friendly base. This negated zones of control. Now, a unit may not march from a hex in which there is an enemy unit into another such hex. Fixed.
10) The routine that checks for adjacent units was not finding units that moved two hexes in a turn, into the searching unit’s hex, thereby never moving adjacent. It now searches the hex the searching unit is in, as well. Fixed.
11) When the Intel screen was opened, some existing animations persisted. Now, all pop-outs are closed, when the Intel screen is evoked. Fixed.
12) Players should not see the message that Japanese torpedoes “fail to detonate” as often. Fixed.
13) In anti-submarine attacks, changed message from “did not hit sub” to not near sub”, as these ships did not get to attack. Fixed.
14) The routine that is called to automatically create a task force was using the same routine the AI uses. I wrote a new routine that has less stringent standards, so the complaint that there are not enough of the proper type ships will appear less. Fixed.
15) Transport aircraft sent to pick up troops at another base did not always have a variable set properly when they finished and were sometimes transporting them back to the old base, when they were done collecting them. Fixed.
16) The PBEM game required the player to exit the game, before the execution phase would function properly. Fixed.
17) The PBEM game was corrupting the preferences. Fixed.
18) Partial air groups were sometimes flying to fields with no air support when they tried to rejoin the parent group.
19) Combat sounds were not always playing proper file. Fixed.
20) Land based units were sometimes disappearing from map, when unloading from a ship. Fixed.
21) Transport aircraft transporting troops to another base did not always have a variable set properly when they finished and were sometimes collecting them, when they were done transporting them. Fixed.
22) When making save file call to Windows, if the player clicked exit before the call was finished and the “file saved” message appeared, the program would crash to desktop. Fixed. Changed the mouse cursor to an hour glass, so the player would know program was still saving and cleared the button, after Windows call was made.
23) If the Allied player did not return British ships, when they were recalled and the political points (PP) when negative, the player could still change commands for units and exchange leaders, driving the value further negative. Fixed. Now, the player cannot change commands or replace leaders, if the PP is negative.
24) Under some circumstances, disbanding an air group could corrupt other air group commands at that base. Fixed.
25) Clicking on Manchurian bases and/or land based units caused the garrison total displayed in the Intelligence screen to alter its value. Fixed.

New Features:

1) The player may now select “Allied Sub Doctrine”, which causes Allied submarines to avoid an aggressive posture until the middle of 1943. The result is the submarines will get off fewer shots at longer range and receive fewer depth charge attacks.
2) Submarine task forces on special operations missions, such as mine-laying and transport will now avoid contact with enemy task forces.
3) Ships of AVD type (fast seaplane tenders) are now allowed into surface, bombardment, fast transport and ASW task forces.
4) The list all bases on map now has options at the bottom to start/stop base construction for all locations on the list, at once. The toggle works for all locations on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list).
5) The maximum number of aircraft for an air group, shown in parenthesis after the group type and nationality is no longer shown for partial groups, as they do not receive replacements.

06/31/2004 v1.10
Bugs Fixed:

1) Some users were receiving a 722 error when trying to start the game. Fixed.
2) Sometimes when suing the tutorial the game would crash. Fixed.
3) The engine and fire sounds played in the ships data screen were not looping properly. Fixed.
4) The music in the orders phase was not always advancing properly. Fixed.
5) The in game mouse click was not being played properly. Fixed.

New Features:

1) Land based unit and air group replacement and upgrades states may now be changed by the player, when the friendly unit or group are under computer command and control.
2) The list all land based units in this hex and list all land based units on the map screens now have options at the bottom to turn on/off replacements for all land based units on the list, at once. The toggle works for all land based units on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list).
3) The list all air groups in this hex and list all air groups on the map screens (both land based groups and ship borne groups screens) now have options at the bottom to turn on/off replacements for all air groups on the list, at once. The toggle works for all air groups on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list).
4) The list all air groups in this hex and list all air groups on the map screens (both land based groups and ship borne groups screens) now have options at the bottom to turn on/off upgrades for all air groups on the list, at once. The toggle works for all air groups on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list).
5) The list all air groups in this hex screen now displays the total number of aircraft, ready aircraft, damaged aircraft and reserve aircraft at the selected base.
6) The list all air groups on map screen now displays the total number of aircraft, damaged aircraft and reserve aircraft on the map, in addition to total ready aircraft (which it has always shown).
7) The list all air groups in this hex and list all air groups on map (both land based groups and ship borne groups screens) now have options at the bottom to stand down and reactivate all air groups on the list, at once. The toggle works for all air groups on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list). The stand down effect is the same as the one on the individual air group orders screen. The reactivate effect allows each group commander to choose a mission, secondary mission and patrol level for his group.
8) The ships data screen now has a toggle which determines if the ship is allowed to upgrade, when it is eligible. The upgrade date is shown and the option is written in yellow. Clicking the option changes the state. If “No” is selected, the ship will not automatically upgrade, when in a port with ship repair yards.
9) The list all ships in this port and list all ships on map now have options at the bottom to deny/accept ship class upgrades to all ships on the list, at once. The toggle works for all ships on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list).
10) The ship data screen now has next/previous buttons when evoked from the list all ships in this port screen. The buttons work for all ships on the list (excluding any that have been filtered out and therefore do not show up on the list)
11) Air groups belonging to USAFEE or ABDA that are disbanded, withdrawn or destroyed when a base is captured now return as SWPAC groups.
12) When a base is selected for preparation by a land based unit, the player now sees a message, indicating such.

OOB Changes:

Scenario change log, as of 07/18/2004

Scenarios 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Changed KGV Class (183) and KGV Upgrade Class (1403) aft main gun mount from facing forward to facing aft

Added aircraft ordinance to British carrier class upgrades for Illustrious / 153 (1390) Indomitable / 225 (1391) and Implacable / 285 (1392)

Scenarios, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Removed US DD King (3674) to correct duplicate entry

Changed arrival date of US DE Albert T Harris (3871) from 4/15/42 to 12/1/44

Scenario 4
Unnamed Allied ships in slots 4274, 4894, 4967, 4968, 4969 and 4970, were arriving as unnamed Allied reinforcements in Japanese Base of Truk, these have been removed.

Scenario 7 Australian MSW's arriving as reinforcements on turn 1. These have been removed
MSW's Ararat, Arnidale, Bundaberg, Colac, Dubbo, Freemantle, Glenelg, Gympie, Inverell, Kiama, Parks, Townsville and Wagga

Scenario 14
4 ships located in Dacca (inland city) moved to Chandapur
8 ships located in Yanam (inland city) moved to Madras

Scenarios 2, 8, 9, 13, and 15
US 34th FS (1409), Changed to squadron from a group

73rd BS (1460) Changed to squadron from a group

Scenarios 2, 8, 9, 13, and 15
36th BS (1458), Changed to squadron from a group

Scenario 10, 11 and 12
US CA Chicago (3193) now arrives as Baltimore class 5/25/45
CL Atlanta (3260) now arrives as Cleveland Class 4/13/45

All Scenario's, fixed Japanese unit (1891) to add Av support (Double support and no AV support in some scenarios)

All Scenarios corrected spelling error in Japanese ships 637 and 644

Scenario 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Added British 242 squadron arriving Karachi 1/15/42

Scenario 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
Removed Indian 46th Infantry Brigade, the 46th was the 3rd brigade of the 17th Division, we added the other 2, 44th and 45th a while back but did not remove the 46th. The 46th is already present as the cadre of the 17 Indian Division.

Scenario 15 loaded US 26th Field Artillery Brigade (2621) into TF 1007 (3907)

All Campaign scenarios and US Short scenarios
T. Kinkaid and F. Fletcher changed availability to 12/7/41.

All Campaign scenarios
All Japanese Tachibana class (070) and Individual DD's (261 thru 283) (23 units) replaced forward facing type 13 Radar in the No.1 Weapons slot with 5"/40 Type 89 (048) added back type 13 radar (139) in slot 8

Added Aircraft type Walrus (141) and Japanese L2D2 Tabby (060)

Changed Australian group (1219) to Walrus as well as the 3 cruiser groups in all scenarios that they are active.

Thora and Sally now upgrade to Tabby, Scenarios 10, 11 and 12 upgraded 4 Thora and 1 Sally squadrons to start with Tabbys

Scenario 6 and 12
Belleau Wood, VF-24. squadron has 26 planes in it (21 normal, so 5 reserve). Reduced aircraft (F6F) to 24 so that she can conduct flight operations (over 115% capacity rule)

All scenarios with LST's used in them,
Fixed USN LST (units 5532 - 5830)(and class info) for rear 40mm mount to be able to reload ammo and changed facing of one 20MM mount to LS. (Both 20's were facing right)

Scenario 13
Weapon slot 4 / dev 254 / AV Support / 90, weapon slot 5 / dev 254 / AV Support / 90 and
weapon slot 6 / dev 252 / Support / 80

Changed to match TOE, weapon slot 4 / dev 254 / AV Support / 90, weapon slot 5 / dev 252 / Support / 160, weapon slot 6 / dev 251 / Engineers / 30

Units affected
1491, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1515, 1524, 1540, 1583, 1584 and 1585

All scenarios
Changed base type from (6) Airfield to (2) Base to fix disappearing TF issue for the following bases, 377 - Haichow, 436 - Kompong Chhnang, 467 - Mannargudi, 469 - Yanam, 537 - Madioen, 539 - Malang, 622 - Tuguegarao, 712 - Dobodura

Scenarios 9 and 13,
Newcastel (320) in wrong location 40/125, moved to correct location 39/125. Also moved 2nd Australian Division (2554) garrison from 40/125 to 39/125

Tutorial and Scenario 10

Reduced VF-24 (1795) CVL Belleau Wood to 24 F6F to get aircraft to fly (over 115% rule)

All Scenarios
HMS Enterprise upgrade class 1416 has 118x 20mm AA Guns reduced to 18

Scenarios 10 and 11
Changed Enterprise class (1416) ships Enterprise (3238) and Emerald (3239) to 18 20mm AA Guns (was 118 20mm AA guns)

All scenarios except Manchuria
Changed spelling of US DD Aylwin (3661) was misspelled Alwin

All scenarios except Manchuria
Changed spelling of US AV Norton Sound (4268) was misspelled Norten Sound

Scenario 2, 8, 9, 15 and 16
SSVF and FMSV LCU's (2378 and 2379) both have an extra device in slot 8 set to item 481 (non existent) and 16 of these, (TOE 2068 is blank in slot 8), removed item

For more information, check the War in the Pacific page at http://www.warinthepacific.net and the main Matrix Games page at http://www.matrixgames.com for future press releases and discussions.

Marc von Martial -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/30/2004 9:02:48 PM)

You can download it from our "Members Area"

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/30/2004 9:31:41 PM)

Once you've registered for the Members Area and entered the serial number for your game(s), this should help you understand where to click:

[image]local://upfiles/9/If104467755.gif[/image]

Black Cat -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/30/2004 11:53:17 PM)

Eric

Just downloaded and installed 1.20, the Game says its patched to 1.20 but no scenario 16 shows up in the scenario selection window ?? ....also no readme inclosed ????

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/30/2004 11:55:37 PM)

Black Cat,

Try uninstalling everything, reinstall 1.00, patch with 1.20. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

- Erik

Black Cat -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 12:17:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Black Cat,

Try uninstalling everything, reinstall 1.00, patch with 1.20. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Regards,

- Erik

That did it.[:)][:)] Thanks Pal !!!!

pablomagno -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 1:10:54 AM)

I had to rename the sound directory again the game replay don't work

Bradley7735 -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 2:46:17 AM)

Now I'm having problems trying to download the patch. I can't seem to register my copy. (even though I've already downloaded the 1.1 patch.)

I go to the member area. Then I log in. Then I see two games (star shatter and WITP). On the right it has a link to register. I go there. I put in my serial number (both with and without the dashes). It won't let me go any further. I assume it's not taking my serial number.

Please advise/help.

Thanks, BC

Never mind!!!! it helps when i type in the CORRECT serial number.

bc

von Murrin -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 3:10:44 AM)

Heh, copy/paste stuff like that, if possible. Save enormous headaches, it will.[:)]

bucky50 -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 4:40:26 AM)

Help Please

I have reg ok. I only have 56k dail-up and can not get accel. to work says its an ASP file. and will not work.
Sorry I am so dumb.
Thanks in advance

Bucky50

shark -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 5:06:17 AM)

Thanks for the patch, just a few questions,

Does 1.2 include 1.1 and the rejo patch?

Can i patch 1.2 over 1.1 and rejo or should it go over 1.0?

Does 1.2 require you to scrap existing PBEM games started in 1.0?

Cheers

SunDevil_MatrixForum -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 5:10:03 AM)

Shark,

1.2 contains all the info from the past patches. You only need 1.2

bucky50,

Do not right click on the download link, left click it and you will not download the .asp page.

Also did you look at the image a couple of posts up this thread?

Brady -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 6:33:47 AM)

"Thora and Sally now upgrade to Tabby, Scenarios 10, 11 and 12 upgraded 4 Thora and 1 Sally squadrons to start with Tabbys "

Ahhh, the Tabby is a NAVY Transport and was asigned only to Navy units so haveing Army Planes upgrade to it is a bit off.

But TY for Adding It, and all the other great changes, most apricated.

derwho -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 1:17:22 PM)

(Somehow my previous post has disapeared)

I'm unable to register WiTP with the Serial I got from Digital River. And yes, I'm trying it with the _serial number_ and yes, I'm copy pasting.

Who should I contact? The helpdesk link doesn't work in the members area.

derwho -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 1:22:47 PM)

Forgetit, my ****up. Was pasting s/n for Across The Dnepr.

oleb -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 1:29:51 PM)

I filled out the form to register as a member twenty hours ago, but still havent gotten a reply from the server. Has anyone else been able to register lately?

goodwood -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 1:30:13 PM)

Hi I am having trouble unzipping patchgetting this message
xtracting to "e:\witp\"
Use Path: no Overlay Files: no
Extracting WarInThePacific-Patch-v120.exe
Error: invalid compressed data to inflate

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 5:41:48 PM)

Goodwood,

Unfortunately, it looks like your download was corrupted along the way. You will have to try re-downloading.

Everyone,

If you have Members Area problems, please drop us a line at support@matrixgames.com and we'll work to resolve things as quickly as possible.

Please triple-check that you are entering the serial number correctly (with dashes). Please also make sure you are logging in with your E-mail address and the password sent to you. Those two together are 85% of the Members Area problems we've received so far. Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

Charles2222 -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 6:08:44 PM)

It would probably help a bit too if people would cut and paste from the email Digital River sent them. I know at one point I was having a problem getting past the game installation because one of the 8's I believe it was, looked like an S (or vice-versa).

Mr.Frag -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (7/31/2004 6:49:27 PM)

quote:

Forgetit, my ****up. Was pasting s/n for Across The Dnepr

Lol, I did that with the Starshatter patch ... used my WitP serial number. It was equally unhappy [:D]

rawink -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 12:08:18 AM)

downloading now.. does this fix the soundblaster sound issue? or should I just rename SOUND again?

Mr.Frag -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 12:19:19 AM)

quote:

downloading now.. does this fix the soundblaster sound issue? or should I just rename SOUND again?

The sound issue is starting to look like not a sound issue but a codex issue. Take a look in the support area, sounds like some folks have some custom codex installed and *that* is what is killing the sound. The joys of supporting a million different machines. Each day it becomes clearer why everyone is getting out of the pc business. You just can't win. [:(]

BrucePowers -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 1:09:10 AM)

Erik;
I get in to the members area and I select digital, so far so good. However on the next screen which has the patch on it, right above the text download, I run in to trouble. I select this (I am using explorer 6.0) and it takes acouple of minutes but I get a message in the status line saying web site found. About a minute late explorer comes up and says Action Cancelled can not link to site. Am I doing something wrong or is the whole WitP community trying to download the patch this afternoon? Thank you

Bruce

BartM -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 1:40:07 AM)

downloading now :) one question....

Leaders... is there a way, WILL there be a way, to one day sort them with a tab ?

clicking on each leader to see if it's a bomber, fighter, patrol, assault, rear admin, front line is really getting old, more so as new leaders come in...:)

should we start a 1.3 wish list ? heh

DrewMatrix -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 7:03:42 AM)

quote:

Each day it becomes clearer why everyone is getting out of the pc business. You just can't win.

I will likely post this more than once. I feel strongly about it.

a) This is an excellent game.
b) I can't make the sound work.
c) I can play the game perfectly well without the sound working. (Rename /SOUND and /VIDEO folders to /NO SOUND and /NO VIDEO.)
d) I bought this game as an intellectual exercise in strategy and logistics, not to listen to lots of machine guns.
e) _IF_ Matrix gets the sound working perfectly on every machine in the world I will still likely turn it off. I want turns to run fast, then to read useful, filterable reports of what happened. And while planning my next Brilliant Move I want to listen to decent music (Mozart or David Bowie) , not the same 20 second snatch of boring theme music over and over.
f) What _is_ frustrating with (see my private Emails to Erik [:)]) is not that the sound doesn't work but that I am spending hours downloading patches to fix a feature that seems irrelevant in a game of this sort. I did a quick calculation of how many machine gun bursts there are in Scen 16. I get 6.02x10^23. Do you really want to listen to all of them? Really Neat Explosions have nothing to do with the MANY,EXCELLENT,UNIQUE,REWARDING features of the game.

I give exactly one vote in favor of moving on with the OOB, the serious problems (corrupted Air Squadrons etc), tweaks to make the interface faster and easier to use, and some day let our grandchildren deal with why the 12.7 mm machine gun noise (but not the .303 machine gun noise) causes CTDs on certain systems.

Cmdrcain -> RE: War in the Pacific Patch v1.20 - online (8/1/2004 7:53:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

The sound issue is starting to look like not a sound issue but a codex issue. Take a look in the support area, sounds like some folks have some custom codex installed and *that* is what is killing the sound. The joys of supporting a million different machines. Each day it becomes clearer why everyone is getting out of the pc business. You just can't win. [:(]

Hummmm.... [:D][:D]

I don't do custom sound....

eeeppp...

But I now wonder what might happen if I do some custom Video...

[X(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI