Game Hexes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

FirstPappy -> Game Hexes (8/2/2004 3:58:06 AM)

Anyone try turning the game hexes to off (not the detail, the hex outlines)? With V1.21 the switch seems to have no control.

Caltone -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 4:00:27 AM)

I keep mine off. In 1.21 seems to be fine. I occasionally turn them on to check things or position a sub. Try hitting F6?

FirstPappy -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 4:10:08 AM)

F6 seems to be controllong Hex Detail. I used to be able to play with not even having the black hex grids at all.

The MAP STYLE switch - "With or Without Hexes".

pompack -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 4:31:38 AM)

I think that the switch only applies just after the program is started.

The map is loaded and initialized once, at program start; after that the hex sides are either there or they are not until you restart the program (the program, not the game).

Bodhi -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 4:39:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompacl

I think that the switch only applies just after the program is started.

The map is loaded and initialized once, at program start; after that the hex sides are either there or they are not until you restart the program (the program, not the game).

That's how it seems to work, even for 1.10. Try setting the switched to the desired setting, then closing and restarting WitP.

FirstPappy -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 5:39:29 AM)

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I had to do. Completely close WitP and then restart it.

Bill Durrant -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 10:45:45 AM)

When you change the switch I think a message comes up telling you that this change will only occur on a restart

Bodhi -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 2:52:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Durrant
When you change the switch I think a message comes up telling you that this change will only occur on a restart

Yep, you're absolutely right Bill. I remember seeing it in UV, but hadn't noticed it in WitP. However, on closer inspection it is there in the middle of the screen when you flip the hex on/off switch, just small and easy to miss.

FirstPappy -> RE: Game Hexes (8/2/2004 3:42:44 PM)

More so now with this hard to read font!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI