Feature request: Single player save game editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

CJ Martin -> Feature request: Single player save game editor (8/2/2004 3:41:54 PM)

The latest OOB changes from v1.20 -> v1.21 are a prime example of why we need a *single player* save game editor.

Some of us are happy playing the AI (for now).

Some of us don't want to keep restarting the game to get the latest changes. Moving the all same units around post turn one gets old.

I understand why a save game editor in general would be a bad thing for PBEM. Since the save games are password protected, simply don't allow the editor to open password-protected saves.

Thoughts? Comments? Any major reasons why this wouldn't work?

-CJ

SunDevil_MatrixForum -> RE: Feature request: Single player save game editor (8/2/2004 4:36:18 PM)

You could use the current scenario editor to edit the grand campaign to setup it up the way you like it then save the new edit scenario is a scenario slot greater than 26. That way depending on who you wanted to play against the ai you could just bring up a new edited scenario to your liking. Then again when new patches would come out, you will then just have to copy over the oob changes to your edit scenario oob files. Sounds like some work, but either way when a new patch is released either you will have to start over or copy over the changes to your edit scenario's oob. Just my opinion.

Bodhi -> RE: Feature request: Single player save game editor (8/2/2004 11:52:38 PM)

Encrypted and compressed files just for PBEM games (and maybe head to head?) would be excellent. I'm working on something at the moment which may (or may not [;)]) be useful for playing WitP, but if I had access to the current game databases I think I could make it really rock! Of course this assumes that I'd be able to find a way to access the current database files in the unencrypted/uncompressed save files.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI