Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Wooglin -> Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/4/2004 11:18:08 PM)

Version 1.21
Scenario 15
Playing Japan

P3 1gig, 512 RAM

On turn 1 I had transport in Saigon load troops destination Brunai. They unloaded at execution of turn taking CD hits & etc. I see them in the base hex with allied unit. However, when I click on the red square (in order to order them to deliberate attavck) a windo opens BUT NO UNITS ARE LISTED. I tried toggling "all units" & etc but no luck.

I have the same problem with a couple other invasions/landings - the undefended port north of Clark Field and the undefended port east of Clark Field, both in PI.

It is now turn 4 and I still cannot order these units to do anything . . .

The other preprogrammed invasions went normal. Is this a bug or WAD? Is this to prevent player from sending unhistorical number of first turn invasion/landings without adequate prep?

- W

Nomad -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/4/2004 11:41:11 PM)

It's a known bug that they are working on. Click on the hex and then use the icons at the bottom of the screen.

Wooglin -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/4/2004 11:49:43 PM)

Doh . . .
Thanks

2Stepper -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/5/2004 3:31:48 AM)

I'm puzzled... [&:] How is this a "known bug", when from the sounds of it (granted, I have not seen a screenshot), this is how its supposed to work?! If you've not taken the base you've landed at, the unit toggles and/or base screens won't work. The ONLY way you'll get to view your units is at the bottom or by clicking on the stack and looking at them that way...

I guess for me to see this as a Bug, I'd have to see a screenshot... Not dogging anyone, but everytime I read this I think [&:] isnt this how its supposed to be?

Mr.Frag -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/5/2004 3:55:23 AM)

It's not supposed to work that way ... the very first bug fix to deal with the sound problem also added a whole bunch of filters that let you do multi-select type stuff like set all to upgrade, accept all replacements etc.

This caused the bug ...

The filter pattern simply doesn't see units in an enemy hex so you get a blank list when bringing up the list.

The units are all there, they just don't match the select so they don't show up.

You can access them via the bottom panel which shows all units no matter what. (no filter on that)

mongo -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/5/2004 4:05:36 AM)

Other than the fact that it scares the bejeezus out of you the first time it happens "Holy *&^!... how did I get completely wiped out?!?!?", it's mostly a convenience issue to me. It's just easier sometimes to click on the base and hit the icons for tf, air groups, LCUs...

I was taking a nice, large swig of coffee the first time it happened. I was cleaning my monitor and keyboard for an hour afterwards [:)]

Sonny -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/5/2004 2:49:38 PM)

Also when you get that blank screen just hit Done or Exit (can't remmber which it is on the screen) and you get the icons at the bottom which as Mr. Frag said are not filtered.

mjk428 -> RE: Dissappearing invasion units, WAD or Bug? (8/9/2004 11:40:03 PM)

I've noticed that units loaded onto ships get changed to "accept replacements" once loaded. This has caused problems, especially with airgroups when I'm trying to marry up units and suddenly a small unit gets completely filled out (even though they're still in crates); then when married up I have 50% more ac then needed. Is this related to the "filter bug"?

I've also got a base unit where the TOE suddenly quadrupled - 160 rifle squads etc. I don't send replacements to it now because I'm afraid it will suck the pool dry.

And I've seen very small units on ships, just a few squads, showing that they take up 10 times as much space as they should (no supplies loaded).

I've got saves if it will help. All in Scenario 15, vs IJN AI Hard, started as ver. 1.21.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI