Another Frustrated newbie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

stagno -> Another Frustrated newbie (8/6/2004 7:23:04 PM)

hello!
Does anyone know the reason why if 20 A6m zeros meet 8 f4f wildcats this will result in 3 zeros shot down and NO scores on the US fighters?
It is well known the zeroes were able to outperform the f4f, not to mention p-40s and p 39s.
If you add to it a good squadron experience and the numerical advantage, and
given the fact i got these results almost every time, it sounds a bit unrealistic to me!

Clipper1968 -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/6/2004 7:43:46 PM)

What altitude did you set up for your Zero's squadron? the side which engage the dogfight at a higher altitude could get a serious advantage as they can bounce the enemy formation.
The fatigue level can also affect the performances of your pilots in this engagement.
Last point if you play with FOW on you can not rely on the informations displayed in the combat report as the pilots used to overrate their performances.

stagno -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/6/2004 9:52:44 PM)

Hmm!
I did not check my suqdron's altitude at all!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Toro -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/6/2004 10:50:54 PM)

And, could be two other things:

1. plain bad luck
2. fog of war -- you might have done better than you think

CMDRMCTOAST -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/6/2004 11:17:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stagno

Hmm!
I did not check my suqdron's altitude at all!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Fatigue, morale and altitude not to mention pilot experience will all play
factors in results.
If they were in combat for a number of days without rest they will drop in performance.

wodin -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/7/2004 2:33:08 AM)

I gave up after the tutorial which was quite useless.

My copy is on the way to someone who can give it more time than myself.

Massattack -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/7/2004 2:28:09 PM)

I put this game aside twice. With the publicity about WITP I revisited it again, and now consider it the best wargame by far in my collection. Unfortunately a lot of the intricacies of the game are left for the player to discover by scouring the forums and asking questions of the more experienced players. I am holding off on WITP until I get tired of UV!

Regards

Badu -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/8/2004 10:07:02 PM)

Also if you play the AI and you set the difficult level to hard or very hard the AI will not play smarter it will just start to cheat the results and so you have not a chance in an aircombat.

crsutton -> RE: Another Frustrated newbie (8/10/2004 9:30:00 PM)

Usually, the wildcats will come up the losers-especially in large air combats. Generally the wildcats and p40s get pounded-all other things being equal. This is historically out of whack a bit and has been argued to death in this forum. p40 and wildcats were fairly equal if not better than zeros. However, this is compensated some by when the corsairs come into play. They just can't be touched

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI