RE: Hawaii Defenses (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Andy Mac -> RE: Hawaii Defenses (8/7/2004 5:17:46 PM)

My 1st reaction to a Japanese player who tried this would be to reinforce Singapore then Java as that combat power has to have came from somewhere.

Stick 2 or 3 Bdes into Singapore plus 18th UK when it arrives Japanese player is toast.

The thing to remember is the Allied player is off balance at start with lots of damaged units. The Japanese window of opportunity is narrow and they have to exploit it.

Give me 3 months of relative peace in the DEI and Malaya and the amount of LBA and ground power the allies can put out would be terrifying

Give them time to recover and you could easily see a 2000 AF army in Malaya a heavily garrisoned Java etc.

If I knew the IJN was committed to a Hawaii op I would even try to fight convoys through to PI

And in my opinion without Singapore neutralsied Japan is out of the war for lack of Oil by the end of the year anyway

Lastly Hawaii is irrelevent to me as a base anyway all my convoys go straight to Oz or SOPAC area.

Also nice concentrartion of ships for my subs to pick off [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

denisonh -> RE: Hawaii Defenses (8/7/2004 7:31:26 PM)

One thing to keep in mind that a foolish allied player could make it a viable strategy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alexander Seil

I'd really appreciate it if someone could post an OOB and a general description of the American defensive capability in Hawaii. I'm thinking about trying to go for it whenever I get the game. Seems to me as if it would effectively knock the United States out of the game, depriving them of their main staging base?

Alexander. It's pretty obvious that you want to try this strategy, so why don't you just
do it? That's what the game is for. You'll probably get your head handed to you..., but
at least you will have tried it. Maybe later on you can try it against a PBEM opponant
(I wouldn't do it now as virtually any opponant would know what you are going to try
and prepare for it). The concensus of opinion is against you..., but what the he11---
you can't do worst than get stomped, and that's the historical result anyway.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI