Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

ramort -> Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/7/2004 3:38:22 PM)

actually i'm a 2by3 fan and wouldn't like to purchase/install a windows partition
just for witp or uncommon valor.
If anyone 'got some nice results with windows emulator i would be reaaly glad
to hear from him.
Of course, regarding the devel state of witp, i presume there is much more to
focus on than just helping linux user to run the game.

That's a pity cause i really think 2by3 games are profiled for linux users,
spending mush of his time to test and undestand the depth of mechanics (and
then sometimes reporting some bugs ;-))

Thanks by advance, and have fun with witp

FirstPappy -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/7/2004 7:29:36 PM)

I'm running WitP on XP with Jack D.

xor -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/7/2004 9:41:24 PM)

That would be awesome, but I don't get it to run under wine/Linux.
I get an unhandled exception during the loading animation on the first screen.
Too bad because it would seem that WitP is the kind of game that should run easily under wine.
Maybe it's the intro-movies. Is there some kind of nointro switch?

tanjman -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/8/2004 12:00:29 AM)

xor,

To skip the intro videos just rename the witp\video to witp\novideo. Doing this will not affect the rest of the game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: xor

That would be awesome, but I don't get it to run under wine/Linux.
I get an unhandled exception during the loading animation on the first screen.
Too bad because it would seem that WitP is the kind of game that should run easily under wine.
Maybe it's the intro-movies. Is there some kind of nointro switch?

xor -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/8/2004 12:57:22 AM)

Thank you. Doesn't help with the wine/linux problem, unfortunately, but it's still good to know.

ramort -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/8/2004 1:03:48 PM)

ok, so win won. Anyway i'll give it a try, who kows.
thanks.

ZOOMIE1980 -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/9/2004 4:19:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: xor

Thank you. Doesn't help with the wine/linux problem, unfortunately, but it's still good to know.

It uses DirectX (Intro Video and a few other things make DirectDraw command, uses DirectSound calls for background audio) and there is no way I know to tell it not to, even by renaming the video and sound folders it still loads the shell. That should keep it from running under Wine.

Captain Cruft -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/9/2004 5:08:22 PM)

If it's like UV it will refuse to run anyway with a "Debugger detected" message ...

xor -> RE: Anyone suuceed in running witp on linux with wine ? (8/9/2004 6:38:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Cruft
If it's like UV it will refuse to run anyway with a "Debugger detected" message ...

Actually, I just tried it out of curiosity, and I do get UV version 2.3 to start up, using Wine 20040615. It's prohibitively slow on my old Athlon, though, and it does seem to hang at some point, with all kinds of messages about directx functions.
Maybe that anti-debugger check was left out in one of the patches?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI