Aussie engineers on strike (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Maliki -> Aussie engineers on strike (8/9/2004 11:55:53 PM)

I transported the 9th,i believe it was that anyway,Australian AF engineer unit from Moresby to Buna by C-47 one turn after taking the base.It tells me near the end of the operations turn that c-47s are transporting them to buna,then supplies.Its not a large unit,no vehicles,and it took only one turn to do this with 2 50 plane groups of C-47's.I go to Buna because i am going to order them to march to Dodorbuna,or however you spell the base to the south,to develop the airbase there,and because i have other units that i am going to use to exploit Bunas base.So anyhoo,I click on Buna,i click on troops at,Theres the 7th Aussie div but no 9th AF??I check back at Moresby,nope not there,I click on every base i own and in the land units list,nope gone[:@]

Now heres the strange part.The base is listing as having 85 engineers,the 7th has only 26 squads listed in its ToE.So this would actually explain things if the engineers listed at base are squads and not total men.I'm not sure on this point.I'm still trying to figure out what happened.Are these guys actually lost forever?Or are they sitting in the base refusing to come out?Maybe i should have upped their cigarette and beer rations to avoid all this[;)]

Anyway playing version 1.0,or whatever the original is tagged,scenario 5.Thanks for any explanation or help.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Aussie engineers on strike (8/10/2004 12:04:45 AM)

quote:

Anyway playing version 1.0,or whatever the original is tagged,scenario 5.Thanks for any explanation or help.

Apply the patch, air transport in 1.0 will result in vanished troops.

Maliki -> RE: Aussie engineers on strike (8/10/2004 12:11:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

Apply the patch, air transport in 1.0 will result in vanished troops.

Going to do that as soon as i get done with this game.Had too much time invested in it to start over.I guess i have no one to blame but myself[:(]

Was i wrong about them folding into the base then?

jrcar -> RE: Aussie engineers on strike (8/10/2004 1:13:33 AM)

Nah its more obvious that that.... not enough Beer at the base!

Ginger Beers (engineers) don't work without it for breakfast, lunch or tea...

Cheers

Rob

2Stepper -> RE: Aussie engineers on strike (8/10/2004 1:10:40 PM)

Nope, not wrong... Just simply put... Patch, patch, patch, patch, and patch some more young man! [:D]

I got into Feb 42 in a game I was playing when I was at 1.0, knowing full well that I'd lose that game to the patch. Lots of things got fixed with 1.2 and 1.21, so they're worth getting to fix various issues. Biggest of which is the dissappearing troops bug on air transport. [8D]

Okay, maybe not "biggest", but seeing as it affected you, I'd call it YOUR biggest bug fix on the horizon. Patch up and give it a go again, and I'm sure you'll be fine. [8D]

DoomedMantis -> RE: Aussie engineers on strike (8/10/2004 3:20:31 PM)

Patching the game wont stop you playing your current game, you just wont get any OOB changes or new features

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI