What is "Air bal"?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

fbastos -> What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:03:36 AM)

On the manual, page 163, it has a picture of Colombo saying

"477 Colombo - BASE (14,24) Air bal 2242"

What is the 2242? I didn't find that in the manual; it varies from base to base, and it varies with time. For some bases, it becomes negative.

Do I need a pair of glasses (err.. another)?

Thanks,
F.

Nikademus -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:06:18 AM)

its a value that helps the AI determine whether or not it's safe to travel near the base that has it.

mongo -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:08:19 AM)

The higher the positive number, the better for you.

AlvinS -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:09:02 AM)

quote:

What is the 2242

"This is an indication of which side has air superiority in the skies over that base" If the number is positive then you have air superiority, if it is negative then the enemy has superiority. Bottom of page 156. The higher the number, the greater superiority.

fbastos -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:14:42 AM)

Gotcha, thanks!

Hmm... I smell exploit! Now I know where the enemy has aircrafts, without having to be really see them...

Or is that calculated based only on the enemies we know about?

Thanks!
F.

fbastos -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:16:07 AM)

Ah, found it on that page. Thank you!

F.

Mike Wood -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 10:32:02 AM)

Hello...

No exploit. Intel.

Bye...

Michael Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbastos

Gotcha, thanks!

Hmm... I smell exploit! Now I know where the enemy has aircrafts, without having to be really see them...

Or is that calculated based only on the enemies we know about?

Thanks!
F.

2ndACR -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 1:05:19 PM)

Too bad the auto convoy routine ignores this figure. Tried to use it the other day and had a convoy under computer control sail right by Kawjalan (sp?). Needless to say the got toasted.

Of course I watched them do it the whole way. I will stick to my micro-managment thanks.

edited should have said under computer control.

Pier5 -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 3:59:54 PM)

That's a fact! I saw one returning convoy that was going to go NORTH of Rabaul, right next to it, then right through Kwajalein. The whole auto convoy system is nearly useless because of this, consequently, I have abandoned all it.

Pier5

Mr.Frag -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 6:30:59 PM)

quote:

Too bad the auto convoy routine ignores this figure. Tried to use it the other day and had a convoy under computer control sail right by Kawjalan (sp?). Needless to say the got toasted.

It does not ignore it, it also does not have a perfect read of it. This is one of the things being tuned in the AI.

Anytime you get a good case where you feel that the AI should have not ignored something like this and have saves, please contact Kid to get it through to the developers so they can see it in action.

gunnergoz -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 7:44:27 PM)

Fixing the convoy routing AI has got to be one of the most basically important things I'd like to see done. It would not only allow auto-convoy to work correctly, it would also improve the enemy AI surface and air fleet's "smarts" about what to attack and how. I hope that Matrix throws A LOT of programmer time and effort at this one! [&o]

Joel Billings -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 8:53:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

Fixing the convoy routing AI has got to be one of the most basically important things I'd like to see done. It would not only allow auto-convoy to work correctly, it would also improve the enemy AI surface and air fleet's "smarts" about what to attack and how. I hope that Matrix throws A LOT of programmer time and effort at this one! [&o]

We need lots of saves for this if Gary is going to have any chance of improving the system.

joliverlay -> RE: What is "Air bal"?? (8/11/2004 10:20:43 PM)

I could kick my self for not saving this.

I don't see the problem now because I avoid the Autoconvoy, but I'll turn it back on and look.

I had an autoconvoy decide to sail directly to the Japanese Home Islands. Mind you as an Allied Player I was somewhat suprised. By the time it was half way there I checked its path, and sure enought it was headed to a hex adjacent to the main island. This in spite of the fact the target was supposed to be either P.H. or the big alaskan base (cant remember).

I know, it does not help without the save.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI