Minimum range (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

vulkansanex -> Minimum range (8/11/2004 1:05:16 AM)

A question to those happy few who have their hands and minds in the game-code jar.

Q1: Would it be possible to give weapons a minimum range in future??

Could you have Range : 4 - 100 for instance?
Or are all ranges 0 - X?

I'm thinking of the 1000 times accursed Wurfrahmen, but all rocket and heavy mortar/cannon weapons in general.

The minimum elevation on big guns tend to be high.
Also blasting your own crew by firing heavy ordnance in the next hex is bad.

On almost the same note - How many times my rushing Shermans have got hit by direct fire from Wurfrahmens I shudder to think about - And I'm not talking splash damage.

Q2: Has indirect weapons got a big loss of direct fire accuracy in 8,2 like Bazookas and Shrecks have?

Belisarius -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 11:14:43 AM)

No.

[;)]

vulkansanex -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 11:39:57 AM)

Good answer - And very much to the point
:)

vulkansanex -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 12:13:27 PM)

Was that a No - No?

Or are there,or will there by steps taken to reduce the direct fire accuracy for indirect fire weapons?

The chance for someone to hit a panther with a Katusha rocket with direct fire should, ideally be close to impossible.

Losqualo -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 1:18:26 PM)

But the Weapons for the Wurfrahmen 40 (#198 28cm HE Rocket and #241 32cm Flame Rkt) have an accuracy of 0. Also the unit itself has no modifiers like Targ, FC, or RgF.

AFAIK the "problem" is the warhead size, that has a chance to kill the unit without a direct hit.

Also the Wurfrahmen has a minimum range of 5 hexes.

vulkansanex -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 9:14:49 PM)

Hmm mina hasn't. At least not when using indirect bombardment (z)
I haven't placed them as close to the enemy as to fire directly at such short ranges.

Is there really a minimum range for direct fire then? What version are you playing? (I'm on 8,2)

Regards
Vulkan

Voriax -> RE: Minimum range (8/11/2004 10:16:57 PM)

The minimum range applies only to indirect fire. And if you shift fire you can fire on top of your own units if you really want.

Voriax

Losqualo -> RE: Minimum range (8/12/2004 10:22:12 AM)

Yep, sorry. My fault. [:o]

vulkansanex -> RE: Minimum range (8/12/2004 2:52:46 PM)

Hey! Good to have it clarified anyway. I didn't know there was minimum ranges in indirect fire.

Losqualo -> RE: Minimum range (8/13/2004 10:25:59 AM)

Minimum ranges for indirect are AFAIK only available for weapon class 07-Large gun.

In that cases the maxAPCR value acts as minimum range for indirect fire.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI