(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

AmmoSgt -> (2/4/2002 10:54:00 PM)

I never asked any of my opponents in PBEM to restrict thier purchase in any way ... this is a long time running thread over many threads ...OK I have made fun of my oponents that wanted to fight US/Brits v Germans in July and August 43 or wanted to use Panthers at Salerno, stuff like that .. but I never said they couldn't ..
I have agreed in the past to play with 10 and 15% arty limits or limited air .. or even with equal Air ( like that happened alot in late '44) ..But I think most folks who agree to some others players limits, and ask for none themselves , if they were actually honest, would tell you they only do it to cut down on the whining and the lame excuses that are offered to excuse the high losses and rediculiously unbalanced scores that happen when PBEM'ers try and rely on limiting their opponent instead of trying to actually learn to play well.
I mean are you going to play stud poker or are ya gonna play 7's wild and first face card after the 2nd delt 9 is wild and you can use clubs as spades or hearts as diamonds if you have a pair to make it a flush ?
I think what really needs to be done in negotiations is for the russians to get to set Armor v armor at 150 and armor v infantry at 150 and the germans need to agree to set thier Armor v armor to about 60 and armor v infantry to about 50 to balance out that annoying advantage that Tigers have over BT-5's ..that would make it a lot more fun for the russian player and it would be politically correct too and save folks the trouble of having to learn Russian tactics so they can play and win ...
geeze louise ..oh and lets make all the moral and experience ratings exactly the same and by all means turn off national characteristics so it is fair and balanced .. that way total lack of understanding of a particular nations tactics won't be a handicap and everybody can use any tactics they want or happen to have seen on TV and they might work ... cuz we all know only tanks kill tanks and you can't do anything about stoping nasty evil arty .. and if you use battlefield deception it is gaming .. but if you exploit the smoke signature of firing arty that you couldn't see in real life thats not gaming ..that cool tactics .. LOL gawds

El Vito -> (2/5/2002 4:56:00 AM)

CC on solves a lot of the problems in this game. I don't mind playing with no restrictions as long as CC is on. And shame on you people who purchase Coastal Guns in battles where no shoreline or even meeting engagements. 10inch Naval guns mounted on 10 metre hills is not funny. sick puppies you know who you are ehheh

brianleeprice -> (2/5/2002 5:08:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by AmmoSgt:
about stoping nasty evil arty .. and if you use battlefield deception it is gaming .. but if you exploit the smoke signature of firing arty that you couldn't see in real life thats not gaming ..that cool tactics .. LOL gawds
Ever hear of counter battery fire - gee wonder how they ever figured out where to fire... and a shame those darn radios the commanders have are only one way...... also a shame the scouts have no ears to hear with nor eyes to see flashes - and a shame smoke doesn't rise. blah - it was a suggestion for a workaround - if you don't like it - don't use it. As for anything else - if a potential opponent can't reach agreement with me about the terms of the game we usually just don't play - simple as that.

mogami -> (2/5/2002 5:10:00 AM)

Greetings, Well you American cowards should use no air or arty (get rid of those darn bazookas too) You should just take .03 Springfield equipped Infantry and Stuarts (OK you can have a few Shermans to make it fair) Meanwhile the good Germans get to use Tigers and Panthers and Wurfermen sitting on ammo dumps. Americans should not be allowed flamethrowers (they are always mis-using them) Doesn't this sound more fun?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI