Army Group South Mega-Campaign-Bugs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Gary Tatro -> Army Group South Mega-Campaign-Bugs (2/2/2002 1:48:00 AM)

Has anyone else run into these problems. First my computer tends to slow down the longer I play a senario. I have found that I need to exit the game and then re-open it to get my computer to speed back up??? Second this has happend to me three times. Them senario will freeze up on me. The game will not crash but I will not be able to issue any commands or save the game and quit. The last time this happened a message came up during a single player game against the computer saying that it was "Waiting for all players to Sink"???? I have really enjoyed the game and have played both SPWAW and the Mega-Campaign for 100+ hours. But these bugs deminish the enjoyment of the game. I have also noticed that when you chose some of the options before the senario begins, the extra units on the board do not function properly. This happened in a senario that I requesteded extra engineer units near Dunbo???

Gen.Hoepner -> (2/2/2002 2:04:00 AM)

For the synch problem u need the 7.1 patch.This one has solved this problem in my pc.For the slowing.....do not know.Never heard about it.What kind of hardware have u?If u need the patch i can e mail it to u.Just contact me
nmuner@interfree.it
hope this helps.

Supervisor -> (2/2/2002 2:44:00 AM)

Please give some specs on computer so we can try to address slowdown issue. It could also be related to the sync problem in which you'll need the beta 7.1 patch.

Killerdaffy@gmx.de -> (2/2/2002 2:53:00 AM)

The problem is also in the scenario maps themselves. I discovered several things:
Scen 16,17 (the defence of Radziechow) no markings, I found it via the editor Two of the four 88 are missing and the engineers offered as an option never arrive (they are simply not on the map, also not as reserves arriving later). Further in one instance all unit leaders of the supplementary units are called "Krontz" and have the same values. Node 14, Scen 42 by Paul Vebber
Ghost unit OC/A0 Vebber is loaded with M0 81mm Mortar at start. After unloading both units disappear off the map but are still accessible through the listing. Unfortunately neither can be moved any more. There is another one where the promised 88s never show up. Probably happens with small stuff as well but with the 88s missing vs. about 80 Russian tanks you actually take notice... I'll hope they'll fix not only the game but also the scenarios. May be we could make a bug list somewhere?

Don Doom -> (2/2/2002 4:12:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Killerdaffy:
The problem is also in the scenario maps themselves. I discovered several things:
Scen 16,17 (the defence of Radziechow) no markings, I found it via the editor Two of the four 88 are missing and the engineers offered as an option never arrive (they are simply not on the map, also not as reserves arriving later). Further in one instance all unit leaders of the supplementary units are called "Krontz" and have the same values. Node 14, Scen 42 by Paul Vebber
Ghost unit OC/A0 Vebber is loaded with M0 81mm Mortar at start. After unloading both units disappear off the map but are still accessible through the listing. Unfortunately neither can be moved any more. There is another one where the promised 88s never show up. Probably happens with small stuff as well but with the 88s missing vs. about 80 Russian tanks you actually take notice... I'll hope they'll fix not only the game but also the scenarios. May be we could make a bug list somewhere?

Afternoon.
Nodes 16,17 engineers & 88's have been repaired and will be part of the patch when released.
Node 14 is being takenin care of and do you know any more info about the scen with missing 88's and small stuff?
Thanks.

Killerdaffy@gmx.de -> (2/2/2002 4:39:00 AM)

It was one after a draw in node 14, probably node 7, Scenario 24 (Touch and Go - Dubno), from the description given here http://www.matrixgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008274 (I unfortunately deleted the saved game) Should be a the defence of a town vs. tons of russians tanks coming through a forest with a victory hex that's worth 250 points per turn. Would you mind sending me a copy of the patch for nodes 16 and 17 since I'd like to play them again?
Killerdaffy @gmx.de Thnx!

Don Doom -> (2/2/2002 5:38:00 AM)

Sorry I do not have the patch, I sent my fixes in to be combined with the other fixes made. Have not heard from my boss when the patch/s will be released.

bchapman -> (2/2/2002 10:10:00 AM)

quote:

Has anyone else run into these problems. First my computer tends to slow down the longer I play a senario. I have found that I need to exit the game and then re-open it to get my computer to speed back up???

I've had this happen several times. Usually after I've done some heavy web page browsing or when I have some other programs running in the background. I think it is probably just a sympton of the memory becoming tied up with other applications. I will usually reboot and start SPWAW with out being hooked up to the internet and no other programs running.
Hope this helps,
Rebelbug

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI