Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

joviel -> Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 3:00:13 AM)

I have a C.S. degree, have worked in the field for 12 years and still can't figure out your upgrade maze. I noticed that there had been several patches since I bought the game on day one. Then I found out I had to register the game to get patches. Registered the game in the Member's Area. Imagine my delight to find only patch 1.21 there with instructions that one needs to upgrade to 1.20 first. Oddly enough, no other patches are listed.

Guess I'm stupid. Or maybe you are....

Scott Uhrick

grumbler -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 4:51:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joviel
Guess I'm stupid. Or maybe you are....

Scott Uhrick

Maybe I am stupid, but also I lack the CS degree and have only 4 years experience as an IT professional and yet have had no problems with the patch system. Maybe you are over-qualified to patch the game? [:D]

joviel -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 4:57:41 AM)

You're right - I was too harsh. But where is the patch located online? U.V. had a nice automated autopatch program which was very impressive. This is an improvement? Where, oh where, are patches 1.01 thru 1.20? I've never seen such an unfriendly system...

Scott Uhrick

grumbler -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 5:13:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joviel

You're right - I was too harsh...
And so was I. You have my apologies. If you just follow the threads in the support forum you get guided to what you need.

mjk428 -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 5:30:14 AM)

The way to find the patches is to click on "downloads" on the frame above and then choose "War In the Pacific". The only patches needed are 1.20 & 1.21. Any others were interim patches made obsolete by 1.20.

Direct Links:

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInThePacific/WarInThePacific-Patch-v121.zip File

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/WarInThePacific/WarInThePacific-Patch-v120.zip

dtravel -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (8/16/2004 6:57:34 AM)

I believe people have reported problems when they applied the 1.20 patch without first applying the 1.10 patch. But I may be misremembering so check first.

dereck -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (9/15/2004 5:41:51 AM)

What kind of problems? The only patches I've been able to find are 1.20and 1.21 and reading other threads I'm kind of frightened to patch my 1.0 version game.

Could the people who are experiencing the problems with 1.21 NOT have patched 1.10 before 1.20?

PeteG662 -> RE: Trying to Upgrade - Guess I'm Stupid (9/15/2004 5:03:07 PM)

I patched each time, including 1.10, with no problems. I had a few CTDs after 1.21 but they have been resolved. Think it was a corruption problem on download.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI