Map making Q (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Yamashita -> Map making Q (8/16/2004 9:13:14 PM)

Have often thought of creating a map based on my hometown, anyone done anything like this ?or can you recommend a good tutorial on making maps ?

Limited time so have to confess I haven't read but pieces of the manual etc.
(still using 8.0d if that matters.)

thank you.

RockinHarry -> RE: Map making Q (8/24/2004 4:26:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamashita

Have often thought of creating a map based on my hometown, anyone done anything like this ?or can you recommend a good tutorial on making maps ?

Limited time so have to confess I haven't read but pieces of the manual etc.
(still using 8.0d if that matters.)

thank you.

Hm...I could provide you with help on particular (advanced) map making tasks. Since then you really should refer to the game manual (page 133 to 167) and start to tinker a lilttle bit with the SPWAW map editor to figure out the basics.

Some time ago I found some interesting tool that helps making hex maps from any graphical source like scans of a topomap of your hometown. Can be found here:

http://www.stratsoft.co.uk/quest.htm

Sorry, link does not seem to be available anymore!

Look for HEXGRID

The SPWAW folder contains some sub folder named "TextNotes". ThereŽs to be found JimNSB Icon Guide, as well as a PDF file named "RockinHarry New SPWAW Shapes V1.1.pdf". Both has quite useful tips on advanced map making techniques using custom user made terrain icons included with basic SPWAW V8.x installment.

More basic scenario and map making stuff can be found in Wild Bills excellent "Scenario design tutorial V1.0". (compiled and released by Larry Holt). Send me email addy and IŽll send you the tutorial file.[:)]

This all should keep you busy for a while..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI