Immobilized Tanks repair... HOW? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

campekenobi -> Immobilized Tanks repair... HOW? (2/7/2002 12:56:00 AM)

I had 2 tanks that were immobilized eventually (after so many turns) get repaired. I'm assuming the CREW did this... is there any way to expedite the process? (like send more units or engineers to the same hex?) Thanks PS- if anyone is sick of seeing me in the forum today w/ all of my questions, I just thought I'd let you know this is my last one today

panda124c -> (2/7/2002 1:15:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Sniper-for-hire:
I had 2 tanks that were immobilized eventually (after so many turns) get repaired. I'm assuming the CREW did this... is there any way to expedite the process? (like send more units or engineers to the same hex?) Thanks PS- if anyone is sick of seeing me in the forum today w/ all of my questions, I just thought I'd let you know this is my last one today

Puke, Puke, Puke, when the crew finishes puking and it's suppression is lowered, this is the only way to help them repair the tank faster. There are no 'repair' units in the game. PS - Questions are good they show everyone else how little they know.

swagman -> (2/7/2002 8:30:00 AM)

A vehicle can be repaired if it has an intact tool-box...as I understand a breakdown can be fixed, but not battle damage... There is a chance a hit will destroy the tool-box...what I want to know is why the crew of the broken-down vehicle can't get one from one off the wrecks littering the battlefield...or better still, borrow a wrench from one of their buddies in their platoon...with mates like that who needs enemies... I wonder if this can be coded...if an allied or abandoned vehicle with an intact toolbox is within 3 hexes of a brokendown vehicle with a damaged tool-box, the crew will use the toolbox of the other vehicle...if supprssion allows.

Dogfish -> (2/7/2002 10:01:00 AM)

Hey Swagman: If you can think it..., it can be coded. Chances of Matrix ever doing this... negative. Best you can hope for is that in 5 years or so..., when MS Windows is as popular as DOS is now..., Matrix will release the source. Then another group will pick up the gauntlet with all new headaches and problems, not to mention people who want new things coded into what must by now be approaching spaghetti code. Keep it on your to-do list.

swagman -> (2/7/2002 2:07:00 PM)

In that case, I look forward to them treating the jack and the tool box separately. If the tool box is damaged, there is a random chance that a tool type is damaged or lost, which then determines if the engine can be fixed (depending on a random that they have spare spark plugs or fan belt or radiator hose)...an intact screwdriver is required for the radiator hose, a spanner for the fan-belt and a wrench for the sparkplugs...the crew need both the tool and the spare part to effect an engine repair...or be able to obtain a spare part from the same tank type within 3 hexes say...or a relevant tool from any nearby abandoned or allied tank (should there be a random that the crew asks the nearest enemy and based on a commander charismas check, they may or may not hand the tool over...of course the gauge tool would count...the germans and Russians using metrics, the British Whitworth and the americans BSA or whatever). Of course the jack would be required to fix suspension damage...but only if the toolbox was also intact...I wonder?

Charles2222 -> (2/8/2002 12:02:00 AM)

Having crews running for other tanks to get useable toolboxes would be a good laugh. I was always wondering what the point of the toolboxes were, other than window dressing. It sort of reminds me of the ol' sniper scrounging around and finding all manner of weapons to defeat Tigers with.

Dogfish -> (2/8/2002 12:24:00 AM)

Hey Swagman: If your last post is indicative of Australian humor, then I've just become a fan. Reminded me of Douglas Adams. Had the misconception that Australian humor would be as drole as the few British sitcoms I've seen. My apologies.

Larry Holt -> (2/8/2002 3:40:00 AM)

This is a battalion level game. Getting to the point of tracking types of tool boxes is below its horizon. You can save the game then edit a unit's damage level to 0 in the editor if you want to.

Capt Chris -> (2/9/2002 3:20:00 AM)

Don't forget the Duct Tape Did Duct Tape exist during WWII?

campekenobi -> (2/9/2002 3:25:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Capt Chris:
Did Duct Tape exist during WWII?
If it did, wouldn't they have used THAT for sticky-bombs instead?

Dedas -> (2/9/2002 8:57:00 AM)

Of course they would!!!
(Can you find anything more "sticky"?)

Randy -> (2/11/2002 4:47:00 AM)

Don't forget Combat Leader! Maybe in that game there will be the possibility to retreive damaged vehicles (ie armored recovery vehicles) since they are a battalion level asset! Lets hope so.

panda124c -> (2/13/2002 1:27:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Capt Chris:
Don't forget the Duct Tape Did Duct Tape exist during WWII?

yea, only it was called bailing wire and chewing gum.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI