Problems saving online with V7.1 beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

sebagonzalez -> Problems saving online with V7.1 beta (2/10/2002 5:37:00 AM)

I have been trying V7.1 Beta and found that the same problem carried since V7.0 is held. when saving online the save game screen pops up 3 to 4 times and when then u try to load the game the files are corrupted, or missmatch with the oponents files. This doesn´t happend with 6.1 for example where it saves excellent. I know nothing about programming but cant the part of the code realted to save games be used from 6.1 in V7.1. Is anything undergoing in the ffinal release of V7.1 to repair this?

sebagonzalez -> (2/10/2002 6:10:00 AM)

bump!

sebagonzalez -> (2/10/2002 7:31:00 AM)

Anyone? [img]http://spwaw.tripod.com/campop/fotos/yogeneraljpg.jpg[/img]

Supervisor -> (2/10/2002 8:04:00 AM)

Forwarded to the developers, this ones out of my hands.

Alby -> (2/11/2002 2:14:00 AM)

I think whats happening here is this, when your opponent saves after you do, then your save game screen pops up again, then you save again, then he does again, then your screen pops up again and so on and so forth...
just save once, when the screen pops up again, just use your escape key to exit the screen.

Zemke -> (1/14/2003 3:10:37 AM)

My friends and I have had the same problem. We play over a lan at work, but cannot save any of our games. It there anyone out there that knows a solution.
If one of us saves it just keeps popping up over and over, and we have tried saving once and getting out. We are at our wits end here. We could use some help....................

WanhaPatu -> (1/14/2003 3:18:25 AM)

It seems all players must have exactly the same savefile. So we always use one (the servers) file, copy it to all computers and then load.

This works and often also corrects some bugs caused by synchronization errors and such.

**** I wish there would be less bugs in this online game :(

Zemke -> (1/14/2003 3:27:17 AM)

Thanks for the advice, we will try saving the server save file to each computer.
Where is everyone??? I noticed that most threads die out after Jan or Feb 2002 and then nothing. Is there a better tactical wargame out there now?

WanhaPatu -> (1/14/2003 4:37:44 AM)

There isn't and I doubt there will ever be *grins*

Just kidding. Waiting for CL...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI