How does DM mines work? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

madmickey -> How does DM mines work? (8/23/2004 4:32:56 PM)

Do they settle at lower depth than normal mines.
If you are sending a Transport TF through an area that you laid DM mines do you have to sweep for mines.

Twotribes -> RE: How do does DM mines work (8/23/2004 4:58:08 PM)

Mines laid by your side are generally safe to pass through, it is assumed I suppose, that you know where you laid them. I think I read there is a possibility you might hit one of your own mines but havent ever seen that.

I moved my Dm's to Noumea ( replace mines in Sydney) and tried to mine around Gaudalcanal. 2 of them laid their mines, the other 2 refused to move to the assigned hex and lay mines, they just sat at one move away and ate up fuel.

BaitBoy -> RE: How do does DM mines work (8/23/2004 5:34:14 PM)

I think you can hit your own mines. One of my PT boats hit a mine while repelling an invasion in the PI against the AI. I don't think the AI laied the mines as it was early in the game. A red minefield indicator appeared on the map. I don't know if this means that the entire minefield turned against me or not. I now sent minesweepers with convoys when I can. Remember that according to the manual, lost MSWs are rebuilt by both sides.

Mark VII -> RE: How do does DM mines work (8/23/2004 5:54:45 PM)

Yes, you can hit your own mines but the % is low. However, if you run another TF into the hex on the same turn as the minefield is being laid, the odds of hitting your own mines seem to go up.

dtravel -> RE: How do does DM mines work (8/23/2004 7:58:46 PM)

The combat report will list the type of mine that your ship hits, so you can tell from that whether it was a "friendly" or enemy mine. (And I managed to hit one of my own mines in my game. Cost me a DD. [:o])

Gudgeon -> RE: How does DM mines work? (8/25/2004 2:57:27 PM)

You definitely can hit your own mines. The dutch in my game sank two of their own tankers that way.

madmickey -> RE: How does DM mines work? (8/25/2004 3:56:51 PM)

Does anybody know the depth of anti-sub mines like MK-9.

mc3744 -> RE: How does DM mines work? (8/25/2004 4:24:59 PM)

In UV, if you loose a previously mined base the chances of hitting your own mines increase drastically and you definitely need MSWs if you want to invade the base.
I had the Allies trying to reconquer Tulagi in June 1942, which I had heavvily mined but lighlty garrisoned yet.
I sent the 21st and 65th to retake the base. All my MSWs have been working like hell and I lost two APs and 1 PC to my own mines!!! [sm=Christo_pull_hair.gif]

I wonder if it applies to WitP as well.

cyberwop36 -> RE: How do does DM mines work (8/25/2004 8:52:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bait Boy

I think you can hit your own mines. One of my PT boats hit a mine while repelling an invasion in the PI against the AI. I don't think the AI laied the mines as it was early in the game. A red minefield indicator appeared on the map. I don't know if this means that the entire minefield turned against me or not. I now sent minesweepers with convoys when I can. Remember that according to the manual, lost MSWs are rebuilt by both sides.

Red mine dot means the japs mined the hex. You found it be hitting one.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI