T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

Berrik -> T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/24/2004 5:29:03 AM)

After getting pounded several times in the opening battle of Heros of the Motherland (due to lack of forces), I looked for a cheaper alternative to the T-34.

In many ways, the T-28E appears to be about as good or even better than the T-34. Of course, it's slow, but it has a ton of front armor and for some reason it often seems to hit more and get more shots than the T-34. Great for defending!

I did lose several to the air attacks in that battle, but I had to max out my tanks, so I just had to grin and bear it.

KGrob -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/24/2004 8:19:05 AM)

I normally see the T28 from the German side. They can be tough opponents.

Poopyhead -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/24/2004 4:35:11 PM)

If you take nine 107 mm mortars and an FO, you can pretty much walk through the HotM. Don't expect to build a Guard's tank army, you hardly get enough replacement points to stay ahead of losses. I won the last battle with a T-34 in the shop. Good luck!

plloyd -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/24/2004 5:25:21 PM)

Stick with the T-34s, T-28s don't have the accuracy or the armor. Stay on that big hill at the back. Put some tanks in the woods to the North and behind the ridge in the South. Let the Germans come to you, and they will. If you mix it up in that central valley, you're toast.

Wild Bill -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/24/2004 10:59:31 PM)

It could be a toss-up herer, but I too favor the T-34. Now if you use the T-28 in a TD role, that might have some merit.

For fast advances and overall armor, plus the hitting power of that 76mm gun, I would still go with the T-34.

When I designed this campaign, the focus was on the fact that the 4th Tank Regiment did use this revolutionary new tank to save Moscow.

But that is the beauty of a campaign. You can rewrite history! You gotta love that!

Wild Bill

Maciste -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/25/2004 1:42:41 PM)

Maybe it's because they are better sloped, but, when I began a Long campaign with soviets (from 1939 on) I found that my Bt-5 had a better chance of surviving than the T-28 when sustaining direct hits... ĄDamn, I even lost t-28s against the Lt-35! :P It's like having Shermans beating by the Italian M11/39

Poopyhead -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/25/2004 4:57:13 PM)

Bravo, Wild Bill. It was a difficult challenge to find the right mix to get a Decisive Victory against a German force that had everything. My applause to the Maestro!

Berrik -> RE: T-28Es in Heros of the Motherland instead of T-34s? (8/26/2004 11:06:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maciste

Maybe it's because they are better sloped, but, when I began a Long campaign with soviets (from 1939 on) I found that my Bt-5 had a better chance of surviving than the T-28 when sustaining direct hits... ĄDamn, I even lost t-28s against the Lt-35! :P It's like having Shermans beating by the Italian M11/39

Make sure you get the T-28E variant. The others suck, whereas the T-28E has like 72 armor on the front.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI