Help! Game won't run. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

danes -> Help! Game won't run. (2/13/2002 7:02:00 AM)

I can't get spwaw to run. It shows the opening video and then dumps me back in windows 2000. It did this with v5.01, I upgraded, and it did it with v7.0. I have never gotten it to run. I have no sound card, which could be the problem, but I am wondering is it because I can only get 24bit color, and the game needs 32bit? (It's a patchwork computer.) I tried running mech directly, no joy. Tried most of the obvious stuff. It does seem to display a mouse cursor for a second.
This was at the end of the logfile, everything else looks normal:
[File Operations 2]
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\MGN\gs.ini C:\WINNT *FAILED*
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\mgn\spwawclient.jpg C:\WINNT\System32 *FAILED*
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\MGN\laser1.wav C:\WINNT\System32 *FAILED*

john g -> (2/13/2002 8:58:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by greatdane:
I can't get spwaw to run. It shows the opening video and then dumps me back in windows 2000. It did this with v5.01, I upgraded, and it did it with v7.0. I have never gotten it to run. I have no sound card, which could be the problem, but I am wondering is it because I can only get 24bit color, and the game needs 32bit? (It's a patchwork computer.) I tried running mech directly, no joy. Tried most of the obvious stuff. It does seem to display a mouse cursor for a second.
This was at the end of the logfile, everything else looks normal:
[File Operations 2]
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\MGN\gs.ini C:\WINNT *FAILED*
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\mgn\spwawclient.jpg C:\WINNT\System32 *FAILED*
Copy: C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\MGN\laser1.wav C:\WINNT\System32 *FAILED*

A sound card is mandatory, the game won't run without one. It only needs 256 colors so your video card isn't causing the problem.
thanks, John.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI