SPWAW: Good books (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Black Omega -> SPWAW: Good books (8/26/2004 12:47:19 AM)

Time to get new books. I've been playing SPWAW quite a bit recently, and was wondering what's a good book for an overview on Armored Fighting Vehicles and a good book on the military small arms of WWII.

Loving the game, just looking for more information on the hardware that I keep getting blown up.;)

Major Destruction -> RE: SPWAW: Good books (8/26/2004 3:37:55 AM)

I have a book named: The complete Encyclopedia of Weapons of world War II
edited by Chris Bishop
ISBN 1894102223

As a general background book it provides a reader with a first look.
For more detail you need to go elsewhere.

But if you want a single reference for every weapon from pistol to batleship this is a good place to start. Interestingly, there are some glaring ommissions to the complete encyclopedia like the Bf109 but no book is 'complete' is it?

Hexed Gamer -> RE: SPWAW: Good books (8/26/2004 6:50:56 AM)

Considering niche markets are rife with titles in low volume print runs, I won't sugest a specific title, but rather a specific source.

SPWaW deals with specific vehicle details down to the nuts and bolts level of fussy level nitpicking. I rarely find details of this sort outside of a well stock model shop actually.

Thus, my advice, a visit to the best model shop in your area is in order. My most impressive hardware literature all came from visits to model shops, not book stores.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI