Suggestion... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Lionfish -> Suggestion... (8/28/2004 2:13:08 AM)

KP is one of the best games I have played, albeit I'm a newbie and not very good. However, I've noticed one complaint that runs common through out this thread and that is the ability to see what is in the Hex. I think this biggest issue is if there is a river, road, blown-bridge, etc and there are units or strong points etc on top. Of course you can hover over it ("rick click") and look at the connecting hexes, but this will not tell you if the bridge is blown. I find myself toggling (clicking) everything to hidden, just to get a good look at the map, even with the maginfier.

Here is my suggestion, which would be a very SIMPLE FIX, a hot key that would toggle everything OFF and just show the map. You could quickly toggle back and forth and see the whole map with nothing obscuring the view.

Just a simple suggestion.

Thanks for a great game...

Hope to get better and play some PBEM games soon.

wodin -> RE: Suggestion... (8/28/2004 2:30:23 AM)

Or right click on the hex.

Lionfish -> RE: Suggestion... (8/28/2004 2:37:03 AM)

That's what I mentioned (by hovering over and looking) (I will edit it to clarify). However, to do it for each hex makes it tedious AND it doesn't indicate if the bridge is blown.

I would wager that a majority of KP players would use such a hot key, maybe even yourself?

dosmil78 -> RE: Suggestion... (8/28/2004 7:44:02 AM)

I'm not sure if you were aware, but there are hot-keys in which to do this. 'U' clears all the units from the screen, and also brings them back as well. 'F' clears and returns the frontline graphic. 'M' clears all mine hexes. And I do believe 'E' clears strongpoints? I could be wrong about that one. You know when you click on the Game Options square, the hotkey letter is right next to the button that toggles each individual option.

Lionfish -> RE: Suggestion... (8/28/2004 7:54:41 AM)

Thanks very much...I did recently discover this after wasting lots of time clicking each on and off. However, I would really love to have ONE hot key that clears all and then returns it back to what ever state I had it. I would be easier to read the map quickly that way.

Thanks...

Regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI