Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

Lionfish -> Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 2:20:20 AM)

I have been playing KP for a while, but I have never seen this "Combat" screen. Have I been missing something? I can't find it in the manual.

LINK from the Korsun Pocket Website: Combat Screen Shot <<<<Click

wodin -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 2:25:37 AM)

Sure looks like a screen I'd like to have seen in the game. Must be some kind of Beta screen.

freeboy -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 2:26:44 AM)

might have been one during developement? I don't know where it is in the game????
Looks a little like the new BIN screen? OK I do not know...

alexs -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 7:37:58 AM)

Hi Lionfish,
That was a screen during development, but didnt end up in the final product. We wanted to keep combat more consistent with the rest of the game (ie shown on the main map screen), and not have to take the user away to another separate screen.

AlexS
SSG

Lionfish -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 7:58:32 AM)

OH....and to think I have been hitting every key on my keyboard (including CTRL / ALT) to try to find it. [8|]

I would suggest removing it from the Korsun Pocket screen shots on the webpage.

regards...

Szarik -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 8:24:48 AM)

IMHO this development combat screen looks better than screen from final product [X(] I thought that it is from BIN but i saw "Korsun Pocket" in the upper right corner. [8|]

Szarik

Pustov -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 10:33:24 AM)

WOW.... nice screenshot [:D] The only reason that I can think of it for not having this.... is that.. in the original game it would give away to much info against the AI...OR....A...PBEM.....player.....that's the only reason that I can think of.

I wish this was in the game.[:(]

Pustov -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 10:41:54 AM)

By the way ...I wonder what the zoom button does???[:'(]

wodin -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 2:21:42 PM)

Bring back that screen in the game after BiN PLEASE!

I remember that screenshot nearly selling me the game.

Fred98 -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 4:21:35 PM)

That style combat screen was used in the previous game - TAO2

The combat screen in the next game - BIN - is the same as KP - but provided more info as to shifts.

Ultimately I prefer the TAO2 style screen together with the amount of info in the BIN screen

Lionfish -> RE: Screen Shot??? Combat Screen! (8/28/2004 4:50:13 PM)

I actually like it too. It has more detail then just what's under the map. Specialy info on the defenders unit, not just the steps. It's seems to be easier then right clicking the hex and then hover over ONE of the defender Icons to see more information.

Should it be added to KP and/or Bin?
I say yes, it was obviously pretty well thought out by SSG, enough so that Matrix desided to put it out as a screen shot. I even saw that screen shot in a magizine review.

Is it practical to add to KP and/or Bin?
Well, it would be a major update for KP, since it is a finished product. However, it should be thought about for the next patch. As far as BIN, well it is probably to late to add it now, but it could be a thought for the patch, which there will probably be one with in a short period of time after the release. (not saying that it will be buggy, but I am sure there will be some thing - as I have worked with software releases and know that there is always something).

The really question is... was that just a mock screen for the game, or was it actually used in a Alpha or Beta stage of the game? If the answer is the latter, then why was it dropped from the game? If it was dropped for reasons such as time to market or the designer thought it was too much, then it is possible to add it to a patch.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI