Pilot replacement formula? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

corona -> Pilot replacement formula? (8/28/2004 4:21:43 AM)

Can someone please clear up how the pilot replacements work? I know in the manual it says that aircraft stationed at bases only look for replacements 2 out of 3 days (or something like that) but that aircraft stationed on CV's will look for replacements EVERY day that they are at a base.

Well, I pulled the Yorktown into Noumea with 27 ready F4F4's but only 19 pilots. Noumea has well over 100,000 supplies, nearly double the support requirement AND an air HQ. Of course my F4F4 squadron is also set to 'accept replacements', and according to the intel screen there are 286 US Navy replacement pilots.

So after three one-day turns waiting in port for the number of pilots to increase, it doesn't and on the fourth day when I become impatient and sortie the carrier, the number increases to 22 (they were within air transfer range when the turn ended).

Can someone clarify how this works? I need those carriers operational as much as possible. I'm about to launch a multi CV attack at Rabaul/Truk and despite the fact that it's only 8 out of 81 fighters, every fighter is one more between my ships and their torpedo bombers.

V2 -> RE: Pilot replacement formula? (8/28/2004 9:58:41 AM)

Dude I'm with ya. I wish the design team, or lack thereof, made a better manual. If it takes 5-6 years to design the ultimate game, you'd think they'd spend a day or two on the friggin manual. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE THE GAME; hate the manual.

Here's my imitation of the manual:

"If a unit is not selected for replacements, it will not receive replacements."

As GySgt Hartman said, "Well, No ****..."

Buck Beach -> RE: Pilot replacement formula? (8/28/2004 3:56:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V2

Here's my imitation of the manual:

"If a unit is not selected for replacements, it will not receive replacements."

As GySgt Hartman said, "Well, No ****..."

That is pretty funny but oh so true.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Pilot replacement formula? (8/28/2004 6:13:10 PM)

Replacements refers to *planes*, not pilots.

Pilots show up every now and then as required.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI