What would you do? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

corona -> What would you do? (8/28/2004 10:15:40 AM)

It's March 42 in my game vs AI and in Burma I've got all my eggs in one basket - Rangoon. Aside from a handful of Indian brigades, baseforces and artillery regiments I've got nearly all my forces in Rangoon.

Base expansion went without interruption during the siege of Singapore, and I have a size 9 airfield, a size 9 fort and about 50k supplies.

Here's my dilemma, after the fall of Singapore the Japanese have come North in force. There are currently 75,000 Japanese troops sitting one hex North of Rangoon (the number has been climbing steadily) getting ready to do battle with my 65,000 odd troops.

I have complete air superiority in the region - two full groups of B-17's have turned Tavoy into dust and are now hammering the Japanese ground forces each turn. The full AVG and three Hurricane squadrons keep control of the skies firmly in my control. The presence of a US CV in port gives me striking flexibility and mobile air-cover of supply TF's.

I assume the Japanese can bring a force of at least 100,000 if not double that against me. Resupplying is not a problem, I can run AK's from Karachi right in without losing ships and my bombers can pound the enemy each turn. I have a land HQ and 5 brigades at Pagan so if the Japs move into the Rangoon hex for an extended siege, I can move onto the rail line behind them and cut the supply (of course there are probably more Jap divisions further to the south).

Is it possible to hold with 65k troops (more arriving as they get to Burma), a size 9 fort, air superiority and unlimited supply? Or do I start the evacuations now?

Mr.Frag -> RE: What would you do? (8/28/2004 6:11:44 PM)

Rangoon is a poor defensive place to get stuck since there is no retreat. Eventually, you will loose.

rogueusmc -> RE: What would you do? (8/28/2004 9:40:35 PM)

My aim is to keep Rangoon as long as possible and keep pumping their tanks dry on oil and resources.

hithere -> RE: What would you do? (8/28/2004 11:22:08 PM)

quote:

Base expansion went without interruption during the siege of Singapore, and I have a size 9 airfield, a size 9 fort and about 50k supplies.

and the japanese player/AI will thank you for it!! [:)] ...there is no way you can hold rangoon, as Mr. Frag says...eventually you will lose...i tried to hold it with more than you have now and could not....my forces were able to retreat north though, but then they got thier butt kicked about 8 hexs east and north.....i was able, and have, a good force at Akbar (??) just to the north...with the chinese div pressing (weakly) from the east and acouple of british re enforcement div there...the japanese can not press with the full force like they did with Rangoon.....(also i believe that is historically about were the british held...well, maybe alittle north.) it has turned into kinda a japanese death hole....they will not retreat but no way they can take it with only 60k troops

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI