Ripple in the Pond (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

CobraAus -> Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 1:25:49 PM)

I now cast a stone into the pond and see how many ripples spread out....
I believe this game is only half finished what we need now is "The Euopean War 1939-1945"
created and linked into this game so the on the same time scale you would have to control
both fronts.
The map could stretch from the Eastern coast of USA to Russia including the African front

How would you handle Dunkirk - the D day Landings -the German seconf front into Russia
-the battle of Britan - the sub/convoy battles in the Atlantic
As Germany and Japan were allies tech,ship,air could cross boundarys according to history

Seeing that the game engine it should only (cough) a matter of creating the Art/maps/database
and senarios - 1 the same as WITP major 1-major for TEW 1-combined major with various
smaller ones such as Dunkirk for TEW
Hoping the design team sights this (maybe they are already thinking along these lines)
But it would be a while comming
Over to you after all this pondering
Cobra...Aus

[image]local://upfiles/13770/Wu619671613.jpg[/image]

Twotribes -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 4:53:28 PM)

Land combat isnt up to it. It is rudimentary at best.

Sabre21 -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 5:47:09 PM)

This is an operational level game anyways, so land combat isn't done too bad. GG's War in Russia was a great game too that was similar in detail. Where I see the problem is doing all the research for all the other forces that fought in the western hemisphere and then integrating that into a game of this scale. It would take years to accomplish. You have to remember this company is only a handful of guys doing this mostly in spare time while working at other jobs and trying to keep momma and the kids happy and not some huge corporation.

I think GG's World at War, while not at the same level of detail, might satisfy your thirst for global domination:)

Sabre21

Mr.Frag -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 6:00:02 PM)

All you need to do is go over to the World at War forum and convince then to make the turns 1 day instead of 3 months in duration [:D]

UncleBuck -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 7:01:39 PM)

So world at war only has a maximum of 24 turns? 6 years (1939-1945)*4 (quarters)=24 quarters. That is not even on month, and I can do that in a PBEM in a week.

That will suck.

UB

Bobthehatchit -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 8:39:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

All you need to do is go over to the World at War forum and convince then to make the turns 1 day instead of 3 months in duration [:D]

Was very interested in that game until i worked that out myself........

Whos bright idea was that? Three month turns?[X(]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 8:42:48 PM)

Thats actually quite normal for that style of game. Things run in terms of seasons.

Advanced Third Reich followed that flow and was an excellent board game ... don't let it make you think it makes the game not fun.

Bobthehatchit -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 8:47:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Thats actually quite normal for that style of game. Things run in terms of seasons.

Advanced Third Reich followed that flow and was an excellent board game ... don't let it make you think it makes the game not fun.

I hear what you're saying Mr.Frag but weeks turns or monthly maybe but 3 months......

Will keep an eye on the forum and make my mind up then.

Got WITP to keep me enterained for a while, and a nice homeworld 2 starwars mod to keep me going over the bank holiday!

gbed -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 8:54:36 PM)

Just wait for World in Flames, you'll get the best of both worlds, so to speak. [8D]

bilbow -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 9:30:08 PM)

Doing the European theater in the UV/WITP level of detail would be magnificent. Pipe dream, maybe, but many of us questioned whether WITP would ever see the light of day. It has and it's a masterpiece.

They are already planning to do a War in the Med game, so maybe if enough of us get on board with the idea it could be expanded?

dinsdale -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 9:48:16 PM)

May I just add my vote for a European theatre game based on the engine [sm=00000436.gif]

Despite almost every theatre of war being covered in the last few years, the opening years of the war in Europe has been cruelly ignored. A game from Poland to Spain and Norway to North Africa would be a dream.

The offensives in Norway, The Low Countries and France were not foregone conclusions, surely someone wants to make a game to cover the period [&o]

soeren01 -> RE: Ripple in the Pond (8/28/2004 10:28:13 PM)

Many of us still hope for an Mediterranean game next

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI