How bad would it be... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

corona -> How bad would it be... (8/29/2004 6:29:31 AM)

for the Japanese to lose 5 BB's in less than a week during early April 42?

Designed to 'rain on the parade' of the Japanese forces Rampaging through Borneo and Java, Operation 'Thundercloud' was a smashing success: Japanese BB's Karishima, Ise, Mutsu, Hiei and Fuso were caught launching a massive raid on Kendari and sunk (happy to report these are confirmed sinkings) by a combined CV task force consisting of the US carriers Lexington, Enterprise, Yorktown and Hornet.

I'm not sure how much of the Japanese BB force I've just knocked out. I'm wondering if the BB's come back as improved versions (like US carriers sunk) later in the campaign? What's the best way to exploit the advantage I have (if I do indeed have one)?

Just a little heads up on my current BB situation:

BB's Colorado, New Mexico and Missippi fully operational in various theatres

BB's Nevada, Arizona, Maryland, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania down to 10 sys damage repairing at Pearl, San Fran and Los Angeles.

RN BB's fully intact.

Mr.Frag -> RE: How bad would it be... (8/29/2004 6:34:13 AM)

*Any* ship losses for Japan are a bad thing. They don't get spares [:(]

Tankerace -> RE: How bad would it be... (8/29/2004 6:48:44 AM)

That's not just raining on the JApanese parade....that's blowing up thir floats too! [:D]

Ron Saueracker -> RE: How bad would it be... (8/29/2004 7:17:26 AM)

Best way to take advantage of your good fortune? Pray to Gawd that your opponent keeps playing "brilliantly."[:D]

Sneer -> RE: How bad would it be... (8/30/2004 10:13:42 AM)

My bet is that was another brilliant AI strategy

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI