Bunkers: Always crewed ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

grockall -> Bunkers: Always crewed ? (6/9/2000 10:41:00 PM)

When playing a defend mission during a campaign is it possible to purchase empty bunkers too put one's core infantry/mg's etc in. I am probably overlooking something but I haven't been able to work out how to do it.

Voriax -> (6/9/2000 10:44:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by grockall: When playing a defend mission during a campaign is it possible to purchase empty bunkers too put one's core infantry/mg's etc in. I am probably overlooking something but I haven't been able to work out how to do it.
Have you tried to fiddle with the OOB editor and add some carry capacity for the bunkers? Maybe then you could load troops in and still have the normal bunker crew. Beats me how the loaded troops would react to incoming fire...perhaps they bail out at once [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Voriax

Larry Holt -> (6/10/2000 1:08:00 AM)

Alternately you can make a unit with the bunker image and a vehicles' characteristics but inserting the bunker's armor values, remove weapons and make movement 0, etc.. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

victorhauser -> (6/10/2000 6:47:00 AM)

Larry's idea is the best solution I know of, but not much help in a generated campaign game. All bunkers in campaign games come with crews as far as I know. It is possible to do as Voriax suggested--you can "load" infantry into bunkers, but they bail out in the same manner as if they were riding on an AFV (i.e., not safe to load into bunkers). There is no way I know of to get core troops to use a bunker in a campaign game.

grockall -> (6/10/2000 8:16:00 PM)

Thanks for the replies. I do not realy want to mess about with the oobs. The bailing out problem seems to leave little point anyway.Perhaps in a future patch we can have the option of buying empty bunkers (unarmed) for loading our own units.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI