newbiee question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

gts2096 -> newbiee question (9/3/2004 8:36:51 PM)

playing the screaming eagles campaign, 8.2 I have "auto rally" on in the prefrences. I've noticed that i can hit the "r" key

sometimes several times to rally my troops. i also know that a right click on the rally icon does the trick. I guess my question is do i or should i do this every turn as it becomes tedious especially if you have lots of units on the screen.

plloyd -> RE: newbiee question (9/3/2004 8:45:59 PM)

Pretty much yes. The exception being guys who are shooting, or whom you wish to move, but can't.

gts2096 -> RE: newbiee question (9/3/2004 11:20:18 PM)

suppose i don't hit "r" key? will their suppression return to "0" the next turn?

plloyd -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 1:13:21 AM)

It might. But if you didn't rally your troops "in turn", their accuracy is lower, and the pinned units will not be moving.

gts2096 -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 2:04:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: plloyd

It might. But if you didn't rally your troops "in turn", their accuracy is lower, and the pinned units will not be moving.

Okay, so what is the "auto rally"pref. button for???[&:] I thought that this prefrence button handled that for me.

Clipper1968 -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 2:20:41 AM)

If you select "auto rally" preference button, the rally phase will be done automatically at the end of the turn without allowing you to choose which units to rally;Otherwise you will be able to choose the units you want and do it manually by clicking on the rally button.

gts2096 -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 3:42:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pumba1968

If you select "auto rally" preference button, the rally phase will be done automatically at the end of the turn without allowing you to choose which units to rally;Otherwise you will be able to choose the units you want and do it manually by clicking on the rally button.

I don't want to micromanage my troops. If i have to go to each unit and "rally" them then i'm spending alot of time doing something I don't want too. Is there a way around this. By the way, I play with comm. control off. does this make a difference? Still enjoy the game though.......

John Galt -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 5:47:14 AM)

GTS, If one of your unit's been fired upon during the current turn, that unit will suffer a penalty for hitting accuracy when returning fire if it is not rallied prior to firing. It is tedious but is necessary IMHO. I believe you MUST micromanage in this game. You're playing down to the squad level. Also, IIRC, you should rally from the highest level unit down. In other words, from the 0 unit, then 1, then 2, etc. This may be more important when playing with C and C, don't know.

gts2096 -> RE: newbiee question (9/4/2004 6:17:47 AM)

Thanks guys....I just wish I did'nt have to.......[:)] Between SPWAW and WITP and HTTR I just don't know how i'm going to get any "honey-do-lists" done....[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI