road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

kew -> road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 9:54:22 PM)

I've looked through out the manual and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

What is the meaning for having different coloring for the roads/railways? I know it's important for unit stacking. Is this an indication of supply? And if so is dark red less supply or more supply?

Thanks! [:)]

Wildhack -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 9:58:08 PM)

I'm pretty sure brown line is trail, silver line is road, black line is rail/highway.

kew -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 9:59:50 PM)

can we confirm this?

Mr.Frag -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 10:27:45 PM)

You talking about when your press the R key to turn on the highlight?

dark red = rail
med red = road
light red = trail

If you are not, *PRESS the R key* [:D]

Wildhack -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 10:28:28 PM)

I just took a quick peak at the manual again (and was reminded why I'm still confused). Anyway, the "R" key will light up (another) display of roads in which I think the colors are red=trail, rust=road, brown=railroad/highway. At least this would correspond to the regular map view (which I mentioned above).

One good tip I've found is to use the search feature in the Adobe disc version of the manual to find out stuff like this.

Also mentioned is that cultivated land is always considered to have at least a trail. I believe you determine that by using the "1" key. The following may not be perfect:

Oa - Ocean deep water
Ow - Ocean shallow water
Lm - Land mountains
Ld - Land desert
Lc - Land cultivated
Ls - Land swamp
Lw - Land forrest
Cu - Coastal urban
Lu - Land urban
Ca - Coastal atoll
Cc - Coastal cultivated
Cs - Coastal swamp

kew -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/3/2004 10:50:16 PM)

Thanks Frag, that pretty much answers my question.

And thanks to Wildhack for pointing out that there is a search tool in Adobe.

Kurt

Mike Scholl -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/4/2004 2:46:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wildhack

I just took a quick peak at the manual again (and was reminded why I'm still confused). Anyway, the "R" key will light up (another) display of roads in which I think the colors are red=trail, rust=road, brown=railroad/highway. At least this would correspond to the regular map view (which I mentioned above).

NOT ALWAYS. There is a spot in SW China just a few hexes west of Canton where the
RR is in one hex on one version of the map, but moves when you hit "R" to a different
hex. Can be a real pain if you don't have the right "version" clicked, as the other hex
is a trail which takes forever to cross.

Wildhack -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/4/2004 3:07:33 AM)

quote:

And thanks to Wildhack for pointing out that there is a search tool in Adobe.

You're welcome. Always nice to see someone who's polite enough to say thanks.

pasternakski -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/4/2004 4:25:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wildhack
You're welcome. Always nice to see someone who's polite enough to say thanks.

Why not go by your first name, Montana? How's Billy?

Mike Scholl -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/4/2004 2:34:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Why not go by your first name, Montana? How's Billy?

LITERACY has been spotted in the forums! Maybe there is hope for "common sense"...

pasternakski -> RE: road/rail coloring-what's the meaning behind this? (9/4/2004 5:05:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl
LITERACY has been spotted in the forums! Maybe there is hope for "common sense"...

Not a chance, pal. If any of us had any sense, common or otherwise ...

I just think of roads as fast, slow, and tree-sloth pace for movement and as ways for supplies to slip around. The one thing that threw me at first was that movement is calculated from the hex the unit is in instead of the one it is trying to move into. One of the hazards of being an old-time boardgamer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI