Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

BRZ -> Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 4:17:20 PM)

Well, I am playing scenario 04.

And I have South Pacific HQ in Townsville and Southwest Pacific in Noumea. But I'm already holding Lae and Shortlands, so to move into Rabaul.

I wonder if it is wise to move the HQ's into the Malaria Zone of Port Moresby and Lunga? Both are SPS maxed and have plenty of support, supplies, fuel and cover, there isn't no Japanese in the nearest 8 hexes, their navy is in the bottom of the pacific.

So, it is wise to move it in Malaria Zone?

Feinder -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 4:23:13 PM)

Personally, I'd jump at the chance to give MacArther the runs. Can't stand the megalo-manical pr1ck.

I say put him on the next transport to PM.

-F-

ckk -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 4:29:08 PM)

Personally I hope you got these HQ's switched. SWPacific belongs in Townsville and SoePAC belongs in Noumea.

BRZ -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 4:33:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

Personally I hope you got these HQ's switched. SWPacific belongs in Townsville and SoePAC belongs in Noumea.

Yep, I switched... So, PM is OK? and Lunga?

ckk -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 4:58:46 PM)

I would not move until the SPS are maxed out and Rabaul is neutralized i.e. you can station capital ships at Lunga and PM to repel bombardment runs and you have enough figters to repel any attack from Truk. The malaria in built up bases is not a big problem . BB attacks are. The HQ's are to important Replacements etc. to expose. They are command rear area HQ's Also have lots of supply more than 100,00

BRZ -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/8/2004 7:28:22 PM)

So, let's go for it...[:D]

Buck Beach -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/9/2004 12:52:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BRZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

Yep, I switched... So, PM is OK? and Lunga?

I'm not sure how it is happening in my AI game but Townsville doesn't show the SW Pacific an option. It only shows Austrailan and So Pacific. I'm at 2/24/1942 in my game an have Brisbane and Port Moresby belonging to the SW Pacific. I don't know what's going on.

PeteG662 -> RE: Is Wise to Move THE HQ to Lunga? (9/9/2004 3:25:01 PM)

Buck,

Do you have any SWPAC units at the base? If not then you won't be able to change it using PPs. One of those little details. You probably have a SOPAC unit there so it gives you that option.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI