Ski Troops at D-Day: (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

AbsntMndedProf -> Ski Troops at D-Day: (3/1/2002 7:01:00 PM)

Not a complaint, just noting an interesting AI move. I'm playing Omaha Beach against the Germans, and the AI has many ski troops along the beach. Is this realistic? Perhaps skis work well on sand. Eric Maietta

Fredde -> (3/1/2002 7:04:00 PM)

Perhaps those Gerries were out waterskiing when the invasion came..

AbsntMndedProf -> (3/1/2002 7:10:00 PM)

Fredde posted: "Perhaps those Gerries were out waterskiing when the invasion came.." I hadn't thought of that! Perhaps that's where the idea for the movie 'Surf Nazis Must Die' came from! Eric Maietta

Warrior -> (3/1/2002 8:59:00 PM)

It's probably an older scenario and the Oob's have changed. You can use the editor to correct the situation if you want to.

Bing -> (3/12/2002 6:57:50 AM)

You mean you didn't know that "D-Day" took place in Norway? IN January? They aren't teaching history in the schools anymore, are they?

The OOB's have changed so many times the scenarios and camps which came with the release last year get, well, a bit odd. Bill changed Watchword Freedom for me. You'll have to edit the camp scenario I guess. Not a big deal, a bit tedious, but doable.

Bing

tracer -> Re: Ski Troops at D-Day: (3/12/2002 7:57:43 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]Not a complaint, just noting an interesting AI move. I'm playing Omaha Beach against the Germans, and the AI has many ski troops along the beach. Is this realistic? Perhaps skis work well on sand.

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

I posted something about this a couple months back; I first noticed it when playing a generated, vs AI battle (US-beach assault-GE 6/44). I generated several 'D-Day' landings and faced ski squads every time. The AI also chooses all ski infantry in river assaults.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI