No sound (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

henke77 -> No sound (9/9/2004 5:47:39 PM)

I recently downloaded SPWaW and much to my dismay, the sound didn't work. I tried looking in the forums for an answer but found none.

Are there supposed to be .wav files in the SND directory? All I can find are .smk files in a subdirectory called stream.

John Galt -> RE: No sound (9/9/2004 6:38:02 PM)

There should be hundreds of wav files in the SND folder.

henke77 -> RE: No sound (9/9/2004 6:58:12 PM)

I kind of suspected that. Anyone has an idea where to get them without reinstalling?

Voriax -> RE: No sound (9/9/2004 9:02:42 PM)

Reinstall might be the least painful way...those sound files take about 600 megs uncompressed....strange thing that they are missing.

Voriax

Major Destruction -> RE: No sound (9/10/2004 2:44:40 AM)

They were 'missing' in my install too. Maybe something to do with the computer or my download- I don't know.
But I did find an unextracted zip archive which contained the sound files. When I extracted it to the SND folder, the sounds worked fine.

If you need the sounds you could have them emailed to you in batches..........[X(]

henke77 -> RE: No sound (9/10/2004 7:31:24 PM)

Thanks a lot.

The sound files were there after reinstalling. I just had to fiddle around a bit.

If anyone else has this problem here is a way to fix it manually. After the first phase of installation, go to the dir were the sounds are. There should be a .zip file containing the files. Copy this to the desktop or wherever you want to. If the soundfiles are missing after the second phase (extracting compressed files), simply do as Major Destruction said, extract the sound files to the SND dir. Should be fine.

Strange error though....

/Henrik

John Galt -> RE: No sound (9/10/2004 9:51:46 PM)

Way to go Henke. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI