Original Pacific War Is Available As Free Download (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Von Rom -> Original Pacific War Is Available As Free Download (5/19/2000 1:02:00 PM)

That's right. Get this and many more of the original wargames (including Avalon Hill) to play now while you wait for the new versions to come out. Have fun. www.theunderdogs.org/ Please note I have nothing to do with this site. I am only providing this link for your information only. If you experience any problems with the site or the software, please refer your inquiries to the information provided on the underdogs site or to the webmaster. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge... [This message has been edited by Von Rom (edited 06-29-2000).]

kfbaker -> (5/20/2000 4:16:00 AM)

hay is that you oddball?

Von Rom -> (5/21/2000 2:31:00 AM)

Why yes Moriarty, it is [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Remember: "no negative waves." ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

paylin -> (5/27/2000 12:25:00 PM)

But there is a problem....how do you get that manual to download. I hate Adobe!! The link is somehow broken [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Von Rom -> (5/28/2000 5:45:00 AM)

Paylin: The manual is only available in adobe (the utility to read adobe text is a free download at many sites including Znet, etc). All of the links are working fine from what I could tell. I couldn't find any broken links with regard to the game or the manual. Maybe you ran into difficulties during a busy time at the site? Maybe try again later. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

Reg -> (5/30/2000 2:52:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Von Rom: Paylin: The manual is only available in adobe (the utility to read adobe text is a free download at many sites including Znet, etc). All of the links are working fine from what I could tell. I couldn't find any broken links with regard to the game or the manual. Maybe you ran into difficulties during a busy time at the site? Maybe try again later.
The site is protected with what they call an 'anti-link stealing script' that is supposed to prevent you downloading the files from another site (probably by checking the link referrer- where you came from). However, there are problems with IE5 as it seems to trigger the script. I'll be blowed if I can get it to download either. Seems pointless to protect the .pdf and not the .exe file. Reg [This message has been edited by Reg (edited 05-30-2000).] [This message has been edited by Reg (edited 05-30-2000).]

Von Rom -> (5/31/2000 1:42:00 PM)

I think the download times last about 20 minutes and then the connection is severed. Maybe a way around this problem is to use a download utility that will allow you to resume downloading a file until you have it all (It might take about 3 to 4 20 minute sessions to download the manual). It might be worth a try. ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

richak -> (6/1/2000 11:16:00 AM)

I just got the game and manual downloaded for the first time last week for Pacific War off the underdog sight. I tried many different programs to download it, until finally, the only thing that worked for the manual was zipwave. I had to use gozilla for the game but zipwave for the manual. Actually, on the first page of the underdog site, he gives really good (though hard to read) instructions on how to download the game successfully. After reading the thing completely and trying it over and over, according to his (the underdog guy's) instructions I got it to work, and am now playing the game successfully on my computer. It is just everything has to be in exact order as to his instructions. Strange, but it worked, I have never had so much trouble in my life though, trying to download something as I did Pacwar off of the underdog site, but now, I am very happy, it was well work the 12 hours of experimentation last saturday to get it to download. Rich

dalbrech -> (6/4/2000 4:53:00 AM)

If you have both IE5 and Netscape on your computer use Netscape for the Manual: No problem. And it took me just five minutes t download the manual for PW. Underdogs is a very popular site and a lot of time the download time is slow because so many people are using it....But try netscape for the Manual. BTW the Original War In Russia nad Carrier Strike with Manuals in PDF are aslo available for download at Underdogs....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI