Carrier Strike (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Rodney -> Carrier Strike (5/24/2000 6:04:00 PM)

Carrier Strike is definitely the best Simulation of Aircraft Carrier Battles, but i always missed the strategic component, so the outcome of these battles get an impact on the whole war. In PW i found this strategic element and I always hoped for a combination of both games. I noticed that shipbuilding will be possible, but how about ship design? P.S. sorry for my bad english

A_Master -> (5/24/2000 8:36:00 PM)

Theoretically it might be nice, but in reality it would kill the game. We are talking about a weekly turn. Can you imagine plotting and controlling each squadron of each base and aircraft carrier. This would be tiresome especially near the end of the war when the US had dozens of carriers.

Rodney -> (5/24/2000 9:31:00 PM)

How about switching bases and carrier groups between "automatic" mode and let PW manage battle results, and a "manual" mode where aircraft/battle management is solved in a carrier strike style. The Player can decide how much "micro-management" he desires and players who prefer the more strategic way can set their battle group/base management to "automatic". I believe some guys like to manage "every" plane, even when it takes a long time.

Major Tom -> (5/25/2000 3:36:00 AM)

Still, the problem gets to be for the programming. If this would be included, not only do they have to create a Pacific War style game, but, they also have to program in a Carrier Strike game. That will drastically increase the amount of time and effort toward programming, leaving the possibility for more bugs, and, other details being left out that are more important.

norsemanjs -> (5/25/2000 6:45:00 AM)

The option of add in modules for more advanced gameplay such as more detailed carrier strikes is an interesting idea. It would definitely complicate the programming, but it this takes off and is very successful it would/could make for a good follow up. As I've talked about before a surface combat module would also be nice. But I don't think either of these should be included in the base release. Let's get the ball rolling first. Do any of you guys (or gals of course) recall a game called Action Stations. It was a really excellent surface combat game for WW2 era naval combat. It was CGA graphics, probably 15 years old at least. But it was definitely fun.

Dunedain -> (5/25/2000 1:51:00 PM)

I have Action Stations. [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] The most realistic WWI/WWII naval gunnery combat sim there is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI