RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

KG Erwin -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/28/2004 5:33:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riun T

So we can turn 8.2 into 8.3 no questions{no OOB shuffling and crap}???

You are correct, sir. The patch will replace the 8.2 OOB set with the new 8.3 version. The installer places all the new files into their proper (default) folders.

Warrior2 -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/30/2004 2:03:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riun T

So we can turn 8.2 into 8.3 no questions{no OOB shuffling and crap}???

You are correct, sir. The patch will replace the 8.2 OOB set with the new 8.3 version. The installer places all the new files into their proper (default) folders.

I can't find the True Update exe in my game folder. Where does it hide?

sami heimola -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/30/2004 2:45:42 PM)

Hmm I suppose that Matrix will add 8.3 patch into SPWAW section's "downloads" folder (for manually download)? I have General's Edition and there is no True Update-thing (at least mentioned)[8|]...

Hexed Gamer -> RE: FYI - 8.3 Patch (9/30/2004 3:34:35 PM)

Good point Warrior.

Will the download have the True Update feature added such that it installs the True Update feature such that it then itself updates the files that are going to be automatically installed into the correct locations replacing the replaced files?

Otherwise we will have a file update with no methodology of being initiated (or so it would seem).

And in regards to Sami's comment, I assume there will be a gawdawful large billboard sized forum message saying YES the 8.3 file for the game Matrix Games is most well known for is now available here (link then included in a flashy ostentatious fashion).

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI