Waypoints (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

U571 -> Waypoints (9/18/2004 6:48:03 PM)

Hi everyone,
Although I find the game very exciting to play, I am still missing 1 thing.
Is it possible to set a course using waypoints?
A lot of time my vessels go in a straight line towards their destination, but that is exactly what I don't want. Most of the times they pass islands with lots of enemy planes on them.
Does anyone know how to circumvent this issue without having to steer them all manually?

Thanks in advance!

SeaWolF K -> RE: Waypoints (9/18/2004 6:57:34 PM)

You have to stear them yourself at the present

Montbrun -> RE: Waypoints (9/18/2004 8:59:27 PM)

You can make your own "waypoint." Example - you create a Cargo TF to load at San Francisco, and want to send it to Brisbane. Create the TF, set Brisbane as its home port, and set the hex 2 hexes "map" SE of Suva as its destination, then hit "load supplies." The TF will now follow a path to the destination hex, avoiding the nasty Japanese LBA, and head to Brisbane. You'll have to monitor its progress in unloading once its at Brisbane. After it has unloaded, reverse the procedure. "Home Base" SF, destination hex, you're done.

Hope this helps,

Brad

dtravel -> RE: Waypoints (9/19/2004 12:21:45 AM)

The method Brad lays out is the closest you can get to waypoints. The programmers have already been asked and responded that they cannot be added to the game due to the design.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI