RE: Rampant pro policy thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Reiryc -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 7:21:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

Les, did you really just call anyone who plays any game besides the ones that you do stupid?

No offense Les, but I could match you brain cell for brain cell, and still be able to watch Jeopardy at the same time.

Trust me, there is a difference between smart and pompous ass. Look it up.

Goblin

[:D]

dinsdale -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 10:37:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kevinugly
Spurious line of argument! By this definition the only discussions one could enter into are those on subjects in which one had direct experience.

Correct, but it's not a discussion. It is "Phooey, if people can rant aganst something, I can rant for it just as much" thread. It's not a general discussion about a game or anything else, it's specifically a pom-pom for Matrix's new DD and pricing policy. Now unless you're going to put your money where your mouth is, IMHO it's hypocritical. I would expect the same if I started a thread telling everyone not to buy or play Korsun Pocket, then admitted that I have it and love playing it.

quote:

This year was the first one that the amount of time spent playing console games exceeded that spent playing on the PC. Take a look at the gamestore shelves, take a look at sales figures, you're wrong!

Consoles have been outselling PC games for years, it's not even close. The only games which do compete are the vastly popular shooters. Without the latest technology they have nothing to compete against console. Doom3 and the forthcoming Half Life and The Sims2 will end up being the biggest sellers of the year. What do they all have in common?

quote:

Obviously a slip since later 'Hexed' says...I think that's called 'selective editing'

If it was a slip he would have corrected it.

quote:

So how is the 'Total War' series 'watered down'? Could we have specifics rather than sweeping generalisations. I presume you've played both games released so far quite extensively so your expert opinion would be much valued.

I have and play both Shogun and MTW. They are not exactly in the WiTP realm, or even HTTR scale of difficulty. That doesn't mean they are not tremendous games, and they are a lot of fun, but they are not and never will be complex strategy or tactical games.

quote:

So would I but it isn't going to happen, 3d or not 3d.

Maybe it wasn't clear in my post, I didn't mean to imply it had anything to do with 3D.
quote:

It's a metaphor, deal with it on that level.

No, it's not. It's some preservation or celebration of geekdom. It's also derogatory and insulting. All in all, pretty much stock-in-trade for those who feel the games they play somehow set them apart from others.

It's not confined to games, films, music and books have their own branch of snobs, though perhaps in a niche market which needs every sale it can get: insulting others and pretending superiority are self-defeating?

Goblin -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 1:42:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goblin

Les, did you really just call anyone who plays any game besides the ones that you do stupid?

No offense Les, but I could match you brain cell for brain cell, and still be able to watch Jeopardy at the same time.

Trust me, there is a difference between smart and pompous ass. Look it up.

Goblin

[:D]

[sm=00001746.gif]

.50Kerry -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 4:23:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexed Gamer

Hey guys, I retired a persona, I didn't die.

Oh if you really are going, then go, don't let me stop you :)

Ah that means go by the way, you know leave, as in don't return as in you know don't respond.

I didn't change my spots, on the contrary, I decided anyone didn't like the real spots, could drop dead.

Really, you know, drop dead. Spin doctor that till hell freezes over.

And for the record, I likely AM a great deal smarter than most of you whiners, but I am also wise enough to know how little merit there is in worrying over whether you care.

Don't expect me to care.

Matrix Games is a good producer of games.
Tough luck if they are to expensive for you. Digtal download or otherwise.
Get used to playing arcady games for the lower end of the IQ scale if you want them priced under 40 bucks.

I play lightweight games like the rest of you.
But at least I recognise them for what they are.
Mindless indulgences requiring no intellect.
When I want a serious game, I am prepared to make the investment one requires.

hahahaha!

The best and yet the most stupid line in this entire conversation! Nice job less...[8|]

Hey now Reiryc it is neither nice, nor kind to make fun of people who game on buses shorter than your own.

Lester is like the old disco denizen who simply will not let go of the leisure suit.

There is enough room at the gaming table for all genres, methods of procurement, and support and anyone narcissistic enough to preen and pretend that they are a "guiding light of REAL gaming"-well they need help eh?

regards,
sven

p.s. good broadside gobby

riverbravo -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 5:19:48 PM)

quote:

Ah that means go by the way, you know leave, as in don't return as in you know don't respond.

I didn't change my spots, on the contrary, I decided anyone didn't like the real spots, could drop dead.

And for the record, I likely AM a great deal smarter than most of you whiners, but I am also wise enough to know how little merit there is in worrying over whether you care.

Don't expect me to care.

When are you gonna leave?

You have promised it multiple times but yet you return.

And now you hurl insults at the community and try to get a mod to shut it down because you are getting bent over as usual.

When are you gonna spend a hundred bucks on pc wargame?You wont even spend a hundred bucks to get more RAM for youre pc and cry about it.What?Do you just get a new hamster when the one thats running youre pc gives out?

Do you think you are some WG guru that everyone sits on the edge of their seats and eagerly awaits the drivel you spew out?Hardly.

Whats wrong?I guess you have already made the circle of forums and have been seen as the idiot you are and now we are lucky enough for you to grace us with youre presence?

You were just over at other forums ranting about how crummy matrix is and yet you come back to post these great threads?What substance, its the same old drivel he was drooling two months ago when he was yelling he was never coming back and lurking the threads to see who cared and put up thirty plus posts after he claimed never to return.

Then he couldnt understand why nobody cared.Why didnt anybody rreply to my farewell thread...boohoo...waaaa waaaa.

you just dont get it Less,nobody cares what you want or think.You have labeled yourself an idiot a long time ago and just keep on reinforcing everyones notion that you are a idiot who is standing on a soapbox with his nose in the corner trying to say somthing.

Keep on diggin the hole and soon enough it will be so deep that we wont be able to hear you anymore.....please hurry.

And thanks for insulting the community that is trying to keep wargames alive and well....genius.

Kevinugly -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 8:59:35 PM)

I was going to try to debate with you dinsdale but when I read

quote:

ORIGINAL: dinsdale

quote:

Obviously a slip since later 'Hexed' says...I think that's called 'selective editing'

If it was a slip he would have corrected it.

despite the fact that I had already shown you where 'Hexed' had corrected himself, I realised that I would be wasting my time.

Goblin -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/22/2004 11:56:57 PM)

Thanks sven!

Goblin[:)]

bostonrpgmania -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 12:02:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EricGuitarJames

quote:

ORIGINAL: bostonrpgmania

quote:

I am particularly aware of the average gamers education level.
If they don't like being called dumb, tough, I spent the decades learning what I know, I earned being smarter, to bad if the Doom 3 people can't handle that I DO possess a higher measure of intellect.

Oh well,,,, he has gone too far. I play doom 3, I play KP, I play Civ depending on my mood of the day....

Strangely enough so do I[;)]

I've learned over the months spent on these forums that one always has to take the opinions of 'Hexed' here with a large 'pinch of salt'. 'Forgive and forget' because he's not referring to you or me (well he'd better not be referring to me anyway[8D]).

Thank you EricGuitarJames[;)]

Nilbog -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 2:05:04 AM)

quote:

:) cute Tracer hehe, but I am sorta fond of the japanese school uniforms :)

Really? Must be hard finding them in your size, huh? [:'(]

Goblin -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 2:06:40 AM)

NOT NILBOG AGAIN!!![X(]

Grrr. I will find you someday, lol...

Goblin

dinsdale -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 4:06:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kevinugly
despite the fact that I had already shown you where 'Hexed' had corrected himself, I realised that I would be wasting my time.

Well that's certainly your prerogative. Les's posts are usually mixed and contain some contradictions anyway, so chosing one of the multiple options available was IMHO fine.

Usually if you say one thing, then realise it's wrong, you would erase the original, either during writing or editing. It's not unreasonable to question something in a post such as that, as HTTR was stuck in the list of games which proved some point.

Sarge -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 5:58:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: riverbravo

quote:

Don't expect me to care.

When are you gonna leave?

You have promised it multiple times but yet you return.

And now you hurl insults at the community and try to get a mod to shut it down because you are getting bent over as usual.

When are you gonna spend a hundred bucks on pc wargame?You wont even spend a hundred bucks to get more RAM for youre pc and cry about it.What?Do you just get a new hamster when the one thats running youre pc gives out?

Do you think you are some WG guru that everyone sits on the edge of their seats and eagerly awaits the drivel you spew out?Hardly.

Whats wrong?I guess you have already made the circle of forums and have been seen as the idiot you are and now we are lucky enough for you to grace us with youre presence?

You were just over at other forums ranting about how crummy matrix is and yet you come back to post these great threads?What substance, its the same old drivel he was drooling two months ago when he was yelling he was never coming back and lurking the threads to see who cared and put up thirty plus posts after he claimed never to return.

Then he couldnt understand why nobody cared.Why didnt anybody rreply to my farewell thread...boohoo...waaaa waaaa.

you just dont get it Less,nobody cares what you want or think.You have labeled yourself an idiot a long time ago and just keep on reinforcing everyones notion that you are a idiot who is standing on a soapbox with his nose in the corner trying to say somthing.

Keep on diggin the hole and soon enough it will be so deep that we wont be able to hear you anymore.....please hurry.

And thanks for insulting the community that is trying to keep wargames alive and well....genius.

[image]local://upfiles/8678/Us532179242.gif[/image]

riverbravo -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/23/2004 4:39:48 PM)

Hi Sarge...Long time no see man!!

I hope the cubs are not giving you a heart attack this year and did you ever find the kid that snatched the ball in championship game?

Good to see you again!

Sarge -> RE: Rampant pro policy thread (9/24/2004 5:02:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: riverbravo

Hi Sarge...Long time no see man!!

I hope the cubs are not giving you a heart attack this year and did you ever find the kid that snatched the ball in championship game?

Good to see you again!

Sup, River This year is a wash [:(] . As for that kid the lawyers said I can't talk about my trial [:D].

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI