pdf manual printing in the uk (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy

mendipbus -> pdf manual printing in the uk (9/20/2004 11:48:57 AM)

Hello

Does anyone know of any good cheapish companys in the uk that can print pdf files and present them in a professional way?

The printer we have at work is pants

Thanks

darrenf

Hertston -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/20/2004 9:53:19 PM)

No. [:(]

I weep when I see our US friends commenting on such-and-such a place where they could get the whole WitP manual printed for $10 or something equally ridiculous.

If you find somewhere, please post about it..

mendipbus -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/21/2004 10:48:12 AM)

I have found a place that is quite cheap :

http://www.rcs.plc.uk/tables/digital2004.asp?r=&size=1

£5.31p for a a4 colour print on a pdf file

Janet Reno -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/24/2004 8:35:09 AM)

With the price of printers nowadays so cheap why would one want to pay for a co. to print it? For a little more you can own the printer and print to your hearts content.

Marc von Martial -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/24/2004 11:50:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Janet Reno

With the price of printers nowadays so cheap why would one want to pay for a co. to print it? For a little more you can own the printer and print to your hearts content.

On top of that, buy refill kits [;)]

PresbyterJohn -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/24/2004 11:59:20 AM)

Of course you will print it out in booklet form so that it comes out the same size as a real manual, and therefore half the number of pages.

And if the professionals have a heavier grade of paper you can print it double sided as well. For my own amusement I'm experimenting with paper stocks on my own colour printer and if I get a good enough result I may print out the manual as the "real thing" just for the hell of it.

Marc von Martial -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/24/2004 12:01:43 PM)

Btw, as for the UK question. Do you guys have "Staples" over there? We even have it in Germany.

Delphinium -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/24/2004 1:11:09 PM)

£5.31 gives you what?

Looking at their website, £5.31 will not print the BiN manual.

Works out at 34p/page double sided, that's 69p/sehhet double sided A4!!!!

Larac -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/25/2004 4:38:21 AM)

Remember when you print a book;et it is 1 page of paper, but it has 4 pages printed on it.

2 on each side, then folded or bound over.

It helps to reduce the price.

In the US yes 8-15 dollars will get it printed.

I did it on my inkjet, 2 pages per sheet 1 sided, on 20lb paper so it is heaver bond and easy to work with.

Good Luck
Lee

Adam Parker -> RE: pdf manual printing in the uk (9/25/2004 1:31:25 PM)

For those yet to buy I just printed the entire user manual on my home color set. It's only 58 pages.

There should be no reason to get this one bound/professionally printed. It's nothing like War in the Pacific at 200+ pages. Used maybe 1/10th of my ink cartridges (don't print the front display page [:)]).

Adam.

(Tutorial runs at 59 pages too though I'd suggest read the manual first and see how you go before thinking of investing time in printing that).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI