Not enough US carriers? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

EasyGreen -> Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 4:55:37 AM)

This must have been discussed, although I can't find it by searching the forum or the database. How does the game handle the second incarnations of the Hornet, Lexington, Wasp and Yorktown in the campaign games? I don't find a second version of these carriers and I don't find any extra Essex Class carriers to account for them.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 5:05:31 AM)

Don't get the "Frogmouth" started![:D] Someone else may answer this because if I start I might go off on a rant again.[:D]

eMonticello -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 5:10:39 AM)

If you lose any of the pre-war carriers, they will be replaced with Essex-class carriers with the appropriate names. Before the war is over, you'll have so many carriers that you'll begin to lose track of them all.

EasyGreen -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 5:24:43 AM)

Strange way to deal with it. But thanks for the info. So I guess these carriers come from somewhere outside the database.

fbastos -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 6:02:05 AM)

quote:

Someone else may answer this because if I start I might go off on a rant again

Yay, let's revive the carrier names, hull numbers and carrier ressuscitation discussion!!

Hooray!

Where did we stop on that, again? [8D]

strawbuk -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 11:48:29 AM)

[sm=00000734.gif]

Let's just copy this thread over and save a lot of time http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=595257&mpage=2&key=spawn�

Adnan Meshuggi -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 11:53:58 AM)

Lol, use an editor, make 200 more US-Carriers, all dur 255, Capacity 1000 and have fun....

or, look in this other thread and recognize, that if you loose a carrier, it will come back as an essex 400 days later...
to shorten it
oh, and NO, this way is not discussable, cause Gary G. want it this way.[:D]

Twotribes -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 1:45:11 PM)

400 days? I thought it was a range of numbers not a set number on when the carrier got built.

Adnan Meshuggi -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 3:21:44 PM)

well, if i remember the thread correctly, then any "old" CV that get lost before 1943 (i belive 1.6.43 or was it 1.1) will be a new essex-carrier that will arrive after 400 days.
this should show the capability of us industry to produce more as you need. I think this is correct, cause a loss of "all" carriers had meant a lot more shipbuilding in the states, maybe they had built the whole shipyards... so, make just a test... kill a us carrier and look in the ship arrive screen if it respawn with 400 (399) days... it should work

Twotribes -> RE: Not enough US carriers? (9/22/2004 3:23:43 PM)

I have no intention of lossing a carrier just to see when it eventually gets replaced ). I wont even intentionally lose the smaller carrier, as that gives the Japanese victory points.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI