Thinking of buying (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Owlwatcher -> Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 2:51:16 AM)

Just needs to knows

Is dual, triple screens do able.
What computer setup runs this game the best..
How many can play at one time.
Is there a sister game for the ETO.
Playing time , Any exsample will do.

How bad are the bugs?
How long is the learning curve?

How many fixes have been released?

Overall , how good is this game.?

2ndACR -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 3:01:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Owlwatcher

Just needs to knows

Is dual, triple screens do able. Not sure
What computer setup runs this game the best.. I am using a 800mhz, 196RAM, 64 Video
How many can play at one time. solo, PBEM, hot seat
Is there a sister game for the ETO. NO
Playing time , Any exsample will do. 1st turn as Japan can take 24 hours to setup after that it goes really quick. I average about 20 min total per turn. There are 1600 turns

How bad are the bugs? Not bad, no game killers
How long is the learning curve? Depends on your wargame experience, with UV exp not bad
How many fixes have been released? 3-4 another on the way
Overall , how good is this game.? Worth every penny

Bold are my answers. There are alot of threads in the standard forum about this. Do a search of the forum using "buying".

dereck -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 3:32:19 AM)

It's a great game. I used to think "Pacific War" was the most massive war game I've ever played but this one is even better.

All the bugs I've heard about are minor and the support here seems pretty good for helping you out.

The only "bad" thing I can think of saying is that ship arrivals seem to stop at the historical end of the war even though the game can go into June 1946 and there were ships commissioned after that and one carrier, the Ranger, that was transferred to the Pacific in late 1944 isn't included.

These aren't "bad" because there is a scenario editor where if you don't like something like that you can change it so overall on a scale of 1-10 I'd have to give it a 10.

Owlwatcher -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 3:50:45 AM)

Thanks for the quick reply.
Really was not sure where to post this mix of ?s.
Saw the maps and dual screen would be nice if the game can handle it.
If this game is dual or triple screen playable it will be 90% sell.
Last OT question
How would you rate AI historical replay?

Owlwatcher -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 3:56:47 AM)

Use to play World at War http://www.aworldatwar.com/
Its a board game of on this very line. Only the detail is different..

2ndACR -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 4:03:27 AM)

The AI is AI. Never will compete with a human player. I have only tinkered against the AI.
You have to play on very hard level to give the AI the maximum boost. Also you can not deviate too much against it.

If you stay fairly historical, the AI seems to give you a good game. Still has the habit of going into a death spiral though. Play a human. You will enjoy it better.

kayjay -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 2:09:52 PM)

I am playing with dual monitors - however you need to change the command line to -w to get a window other wise you get full screen mode. IN the 'windows' mode you cannot change the window size w/o funny things happening but at least you can get the mouse over to the second screen. I use 2nd screen to essentailly keep notes and a clock (big clock) so I dont stay up too late.

Owlwatcher -> RE: Thinking of buying (9/27/2004 5:34:16 PM)

Does the game support Matrox cards?
Since these have some of the better dual screens.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI