Strange Results (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great

Black Cat -> Strange Results (10/11/2004 8:14:55 AM)

I`m truly bewildered...[&:]

I just got a Defeat in the first Battle of the Campaign Scenario wherein I captured the Flag at the gates by having a unit sitting there. The majority of Thebes Army was killed or routed.

At T 20 they only had _2_ units on the Map ( excepting the archers on the Walls ) with only a few steps left in each. Three units surrendered , the rest killed.

The score in losses was:

Thebes 17,600

Alexander 8,800

Also, with those losses why wasn`t the " Will to Fight " indicator waaaaay past the line for Thebes ? Most of those losses were by T 17. It was in fact well into the Blue at the end...???

Also why would it say in the score screen objectives .."0" when I had a strong non-routed unit sitting on the Flag for 3 turns ?

Hertston -> RE: Strange Results (10/11/2004 9:52:14 AM)

You didn't capture it. You need 3 units (more than the enemy) on, or adjacent to, the flag.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Strange Results (10/11/2004 2:43:00 PM)

Yes, a couple of things worked against you. Note that in the objectives, three units more than the enemy on or adjacent to the objective are required. Second, the longer it takes for you to win, the less your victory turn bonus. Defeating the Theban Army, but ending the battle by running out of time on Turn 20 without the objective is considered not impressive enough to cow the other City-States. Thus, Alexander likely ends up besieging Thebes, then fighting Sparta and Athens rather than going on to Persia and greatness.

Regards,

- Erik

Black Cat -> RE: Strange Results (10/11/2004 5:14:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, a couple of things worked against you. Note that in the objectives, three units more than the enemy on or adjacent to the objective are required. Second, the longer it takes for you to win, the less your victory turn bonus. Defeating the Theban Army, but ending the battle by running out of time on Turn 20 without the objective is considered not impressive enough to cow the other City-States. Thus, Alexander likely ends up besieging Thebes, then fighting Sparta and Athens rather than going on to Persia and greatness.

Regards,

- Erik

Wow[8|] Excessive Victory Conditions IMHO, especially since your playing with a "locked" scenario advance concept.

It would seem to me that my results ( 2:1 losses inflicted ) would have qualified as a Win in the "Will To Fight " blue bar per Pg;19 Section 3:1 in the Manual since at T 17 the AI only had 2 depleted units on the Map. , one of which was routed. If that doesn`t qualify as a Morale Win what does ??

In fact the Blue Bar never seemed to budge from T 15 on.

Radames -> RE: Strange Results (10/11/2004 5:34:25 PM)

Thebes is more the exception than the rule on this.

The key factor is probably those archers on the walls. With them intact, its very hard to route the entire army. I've only been able to win Thebes by taking the flag, but many other scenarios I often win by breaking the army first.

Each scenario, in fact, is designed to play quite a bit differently than the others.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI